project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Base Number Maximum and Antimatter Amount Indicator?  (Read 2368 times)

addams013

Base Number Maximum and Antimatter Amount Indicator?
« on: January 04, 2008, 02:10:01 pm »
Am I mistaken, or is the number of bases you can construct capped at eight?  If so, why this limit?

I have an antimatter containment facility, but I haven't seen where the amount of antimatter in the facility is listed.  Of course, I don't have any antimatter yet, so it may show up in the base summary or something like that later.  If so, I apologize.  (I'm stuck in a Catch-22 right now where I need to shoot down UFOs to get antimatter, but I need antimatter to power the particle cannons and interceptors that can shoot down UFOs.  A handful of their craft have crash-landed, but none of them after the first one (which revealed to me that I needed antimatter and made researching it possible) have had any antimatter.  Frustrating.)

This remains one of the best games I've ever played.  :)  Thanks for all your hard work and dedication!

Offline mattheus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Base Number Maximum and Antimatter Amount Indicator?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 03:38:18 am »
You cannot get antimatter from ufo's you have shot down. If ufo  is shot down then aliens have lost or blown up antimatter. That's why they are stranded and wait you. You get it from ufo's you find in other missions - sometimes in terror missions are also intact alien ufo on map, then you get antimatter.

I was not aware of base limit 8, but I think it was quite possible to cover almost all land with radars from seven bases. Its probably more important to cover land because if you shot down ufo over land you got crashed ufo mission. Possibility to improve relations with countries, to get equipment and so on.