project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2D Art  (Read 3055 times)

Ildamos

2D Art
« on: December 31, 2007, 01:36:59 am »
Hello,

I just installed the game and it's great! I also know now why Mattn and co wanted a 2D art made for "Alien Origins." At first I thought it was just going to be for the wiki but it's for the ingame research progress screen.

Since it's about discovering where they came from, I was thinking to paint a collage showing the solar system. (a big Mars at foreground with the Sun as the vanishing point. The Sun of course will be the light source, Mars will have a deep contrast --- showing day and night sides. At the night side, half of a Taman's head will be shown, its other half swallowed by the night side of mars.)

This will symbolize the elusiveness and the enigmatic nature of the aliens. Also, needless to say, the immensity of space will have its impact on the viewer.

Thoughts?

I really want to help. I salute people who make great games for free. (Now if someone will teach me how to make a "patch" and how to submit it it to the patch tracker...)

Ildamos

Re: 2D Art
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:39:07 am »
Postscript: My avatar (as of Dec 31) that of a fleeing skeleton warrior is a painting of mine. Just a sample for you to see whether or not my kind of art (color, lines, etc) is your cup of tea.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 11:10:54 am »
Hmm, why Mars? The aliens don't come from there, actually. They come from various parts of the universe.

Ildamos

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:58:49 pm »
If memory serves, the Alien Origins message contains the terrans' suspicion that the alien come from Mars. I know they do not come from there, I have read that part in the wiki but this is still the research phase and hence the ingame characters do not suspect (before the alien origins research) that the aliens come from different parts of the universe. (I've read about your concept of the "ET Virus.")

I can change it if you wish. But it should be within the solar system as the research called for a scouring of the local planets.