project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How does this track sound?  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
How does this track sound?
« on: December 30, 2007, 02:24:59 am »
I tried to go for something a little different:

www.destructavator.com/public/Alt_Track_1.mp3

I know it isn't like the current game tracks, but on the other hand it is something unlike my own past work.

Surrealistik

Re: How does this track sound?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 06:15:01 am »
I liked it up until the 80s synthesizer pop started.

Metal is always welcome, athough it's probably not the most atmospherically consistant music genre.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 12:56:59 pm »
Yeah, it was a quick experiment off the top of my head, most of my past work is straight Metal (Not too many synths and other stuff), although this game's soundtrack is really more geared toward ambient material.

This brings me to an idea:  Would those of us who like Metal be interested in a MOD for the project that gives the game an alternate soundtrack?  There was talk in a few other threads about the soundtrack's style, how some people liked it and others would prefer something else.  Obviously just one set of music tracks brings up the old "You can't please everyone" concept, but with an optional modification players could choose whichever set of songs they prefer and get around this problem.

I have tons of partially-completed Metal tracks on my hard drive I've made over time that I could put together and complete as instrumental tracks.

...And if there are any other Metal fans around here who also compose their own stuff, we could pool them together.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:59:37 pm by Destructavator »

Surrealistik

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 06:45:58 pm »
I like both metal and atmospheric tracks. The latter for when I'm playing the campaign. The former for when I'm kicking the snot out of other people in multiplayer.