project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't Climb Up Ramp  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Can't Climb Up Ramp
« on: February 18, 2008, 08:20:41 pm »
Using the 2.2 binary on a Mac.

I downed a Supply Ship.  I knocked out most of the enemy quickly, but one stayed inside its ship.  My troops were completely unable to walk up the ramp, so it was some tedious waiting while we all hung around the back of the ship waiting for him to wander into our viewfinders.  It should be possible to go in enemy ships, right?

SpaceWombat

Re: Can't Climb Up Ramp
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:00:38 pm »
Map? Screenshots?

Was it similar to this:

http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2160.0

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:58:45 pm »
Unfortunately, i have since overwritten the savefile.  A possible tie-in to the other bug report was a dead alien on/at the base of the ramp.

Sarkus

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 01:55:25 am »
I'm experiencing this bug as well.  It's only on the supply ship mission with the map mentioned above.  The game allows me to move a soldier into the top square of the ramp but won't allow any movement after that.  If the top square is open, a soldier asked to move beyond it will go around the top square as if it was inaccessible.  I've reproduced this on two different ramps.

I'm bumping this thread because the bug report created above has been closed with no resolution.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 06:30:17 am »
Actually, it has since happened again to me, and this time i did get screenshots.  However, they are over the 512Kb limit, so it will have wait until i can make time to edit them down.

SpaceWombat

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 02:40:20 pm »
Unfortunately, i have since overwritten the savefile.  A possible tie-in to the other bug report was a dead alien on/at the base of the ramp.

Actually my "body disappearance/weapon stuck in texture" bug did not happen inside the ufo but on a stairway outside.
I guess this happens on every tile where there are different hight levels in a small area. Something about collision handling? Unfortunately still no screens for that one because the aliens do not die where I command them to do  ;) but maybe this information is sufficient to identify the problem.

Doc J, did you try to change standing/prone position? I was able to move over the ramp the last time but the bug appeared when I got on my knees as I described in the other thread.

nemchenk

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 03:08:44 pm »
SpaceWombat, you could try running a multiplayer game -- then you could position your target just where you want it ;)

Or, shoot one of your own soldiers and take a screengrab? *evil*

Sarkus

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 01:32:44 am »
I just wanted to add that the same "freeze" happens at the top of the ramps located in the control room at the front of the upper level of the supply ship.  Again, troops will go around the top of the ramps and use them but if they are ordered onto the top square of the ramp, it becomes impossible for them to move again.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 08:44:08 am »
please - please make screenshots

Sarkus

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 04:29:56 am »
please - please make screenshots

This is from map corrupt_city04d

This shows a soldier standing at the top of the ramp leading down from the control room to the lower level.  It isn't very visible, but even though the soldier is selected, the movement "square" is blue and not green, indicating no movement is possible.  This same problem happens on the side ramps that lead into the ship.