project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Sniper covers Team?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Elerium-115

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Sniper covers Team?
« on: November 28, 2007, 05:08:16 pm »
Hi, first of all, I just started playing and it's great. So, this is just a little question if possible or not. The reaction fire function is quite nice but this feature should be improved a bit. Why? well, I had a sniper sitting out side a supermarket entry, looking in while the team with Assault-rifles and shotguns was on the way to take position next to the doors. Suddenly an Alien came out of the supermarket, killed one of my team with it's blade while the sniper who was watching the door was doing nothing. It's no dig deal but I think, especially a positioned sniper should be able to have the first shot to give active cover in the direction he/she is looking/aiming. Since snipers are usually no offensive weapons like rifles/shotguns? Wouldn't you agree?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 05:10:01 pm by Elerium-115 »

wastelandmerc

Re: Sniper covers Team?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:48:16 pm »
Well at first tell how much high your sniper had Speed and skill Sniper Rifles? I remember that it depends from Speed. Soldiers with Flamethrowers and Sniper Rifles need high speed to react fast.
Or maybe your Sniper had blocked by obstacle/soldier/civilian line of sight?

Offline Elerium-115

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper covers Team?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 05:50:58 pm »
Ok, seems i didn't know something :D

Well, the path is perfectly clear...Anyway it's the second mission of my campaign (standart difficulty). So, I guess, this function I wish is already in, it just depends on the snipers skill, right? Later, as soon as he is skilled enough it's possible that the sniper has the first shot. However, thanks for the reply, I will check as soon as I can ::)