project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Beta 2.2, 10. 10. 2007 Ubuntu FF  (Read 1962 times)

Offline gargy2002

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Beta 2.2, 10. 10. 2007 Ubuntu FF
« on: October 14, 2007, 05:35:07 pm »
Hi,
I downloaded this trunk on Wednesday(10.10.) and it's probably an unstable version. Problems with aircraft(no enough fuel to go to mission in Africa, from the USA), but in the trunk from August it was good. I built 7 storage buidings and I had problems with space(I used just minimum space for primary weapons and armor), again no in the older trunk. The game is not in full screen after installation. Sometimes the game was unexpectely crashed down(you have no enough space available..., note in terminal) and then I had problems with X-server in my pc. I have to confirm, I couldn't fight with interceptor against UFOs with guns and without too. I've got a very bad sence of this trunk. I played to the end the trunk from August and there were minimum bugs.
I had to unistall the game(10.10.), because there were too many problems.
This is just report about the game, no complaints. I'd like to try the final release of this game and I hope many bugs will be fixed.. ;)

Offline Kaerius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Beta 2.2, 10. 10. 2007 Ubuntu FF
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:31:37 am »
Most of those problems are fixed in the trunk. I only ever use one storage building myself... as long as you sell all unnecessary stuff, you won't have a problem...

I usually place my first base in japan, and my dropship reaches from there to everywhere except south america, so I place my second base in middle/south america to take care of that the second month. The reason japan is so good is that the atlantic is across the globe from it, which makes it reach most land, exception noted above.

So basically, get the SVN trunk and compile it yourself, or wait for the next binary, should be a new one out soon.

I just updated from 12428 to 12449 myself...

Offline gargy2002

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Beta 2.2, 10. 10. 2007 Ubuntu FF
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 03:14:42 pm »
Ok, but I put the base at the same place in all trunks, so shouldn't by get troubles. Probably it's fixed in the new one trunk, but I downloaded the last trunk at this time. I don't need to compile it by myself, just change permission, allow executing files as program and I can start the installation in the terminal. :)
I will wait for final game, I hope enjoy it. The power armor looks very good. One my soldier didn't walk, just went like on the skateboard, or something like that... ;D