project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: idea for improved game play  (Read 2332 times)

art

idea for improved game play
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:08:08 pm »
at times it would be handy if you could rotate the screen when i'm in ground combat with the aliens for seeing doors or angles better.

love the work u guys r doing.

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: idea for improved game play
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:10:03 am »
Mattn, I  bet you never figured the 'options' menu would be such a great place to hide new features, huh?

art, I guess if you cared to check out the 'Options'->'Key bindings' section, you're up for quite some surprises... ;-)

Offline HitMan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: idea for improved game play
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 09:56:44 pm »
Hi,

I have an improvement idea for "base menu hierarchy". Maybe this has been introduced earlier maybe not, but I did not find anything similar in the forum.

This is a little bit complicated to explain but I try. When adjusting bases it would be nice to be able to change horizontally from base to base in every "page" like in "base opening page".

Currently "base menu hierarchy" is very similar than in UFO: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Terror From the Deep many years ago. When a new technology, an aircraft weapon for example, is available. I will click Base1 -> Aircraft -> Equip and then I can select a new weapon for aircraft. Then I have to click up -> up -> next base to goto base2 and then -> Aircraft -> Equip to be able to select new weapon for aircrafts in base2.

I would like to have horizontal move available and for example I will explain the same situation again.  Click Base1 -> Aircraft -> Equip and then select a new weapon for aircraft. After aircrafts in base1 are ready I only click next base to jump to same "page" on base2.

I think this kind of horizontal menu jump between bases in every level would save a lot of clicks when adjusting bases.

I believe this is very easy to implement in SW code point of view put this will require new UI for all "base menu pages" to have these base selection buttons. So I think maybe this UI change is too big for 2.2 but it would be nice in 2.3.

EDIT: One way to fix this fast is to assign quick keys to jump to same page on next or previous base.

If you had difficulties to understand what I mean reply here and I will try to explain this more clearly.

Any comments from other players?

- HitMan

ps. This menu structure was annoying in UFO: Enemy Unknown but still I really loved playing it when I was younger. Now long time after those days ufoai is making me to feel young a gain. Big thanks to all contributors!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:47:27 am by HitMan »