Development > Sounds and Music

[CLOSED] Bloodspider attack sound

(1/3) > >>

Winter:
We are currently in need of a sound for the Bloodspider's melee attack.

The operative word for both the attack and the sound is 'gruesome'. Sharp slicing noises, ripping flesh and armour, robotic servos whirring. A sound that puts a cold shiver down your spine.

I'm not sure if it's okay to include screaming in the actual attack sound, one of the coders will have to clarify that, but if allowed it might make a nice touch.

Regards,
Winter

Mattn:
screaming and attack sounds as one sound file? no, they should be seperated.

XCOMTurcocalypse:
Don't laugh. The attachment is just something I tried alone. It isn't meant as a serious sound file, and the flesh ripping sound was low because I couldn't bring my mouth close to mic without stopping the dynamo of the flashlight.

Anyway, how is the IDEA about the sound? If I made a professional try with a friend would it be OK?

the file is a bit big so I put it as rapidshare link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/54669758/SPDR.wav.html

BlakeD:
Turco may have the better sound, but I was bored tonight...

ftp://12.149.180.130/Bloodspider Attack.zip

Feedback is welcome and encouraged.

Winter:
Right, finally got a chance to test these sounds. Commenting time!

--- Quote from: XCOMTurcocalypse on September 10, 2007, 02:34:18 pm ---Don't laugh. The attachment is just something I tried alone. It isn't meant as a serious sound file, and the flesh ripping sound was low because I couldn't bring my mouth close to mic without stopping the dynamo of the flashlight.

Anyway, how is the IDEA about the sound? If I made a professional try with a friend would it be OK?

the file is a bit big so I put it as rapidshare link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/54669758/SPDR.wav.html

--- End quote ---

That's certainly a creepy and wrong-sounding noise. I think it might do pretty well depending on the length of the Bloodspider attack animation. Imagine this played in the shadowy distance with a civilian screaming as he gets dissected.

--- Quote from: BlakeD on September 14, 2007, 05:28:24 am ---Turco may have the better sound, but I was bored tonight...

ftp://12.149.180.130/Bloodspider Attack.zip

Feedback is welcome and encouraged.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately I'm not taking away much from this sound. It's too indistinct. We want as much terror value as possible for the really creepy enemies, and I'm afraid your sound isn't really sticking in my mind long enough for that.

Regards,
Winter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version