project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Work in progress - opinions?  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Work in progress - opinions?
« on: August 15, 2007, 01:20:21 am »
I decided to try another shot at making an ambient track with some of the components I collected for the last submission - This one's unfinished, but I was wondering if it sounds OK so far?

You can grab it at: www.destructavator.com/public

It's track_5.wav, the only file in that folder on my website (no HTML files to navigate through this time).

Any feedback would be appreciated, although if any is negative, please tell me how you think it could be fixed to sound better, thanks.

Offline BlakeD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Work in progress - opinions?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:34:44 am »
Reminds me of a rock-band remake of the X-Files theme.

Take that as you will.  :lol:

inquisiteur2

Re: Work in progress - opinions?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:10:29 am »
will give you a feedback on it tomorrow.

inquisiteur2

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 07:21:51 am »
I think that your track is more appropriate as a game ending soundtrack.

The beginning of the sound track remind me games bad ending the heavy metal sounds mitigate the whole thing a little bit. I would suggest softening a bit the heavy metal riffs, maybe decreasing their volume, their are too harsh to be listened constanlty by casual gamers that are not fond of heavy metal. Use the riffs as a beat instead of giving it a major place.

Music would also benefit from being a little bit more complexified, adding more twists but without additional symphony or metal riffs. (i can notice that it is alrady the case between 00:34 and 00:47, but we can barely notice that there is something else in the background than the main theme, maybe volume of these should be raised a bit.

Could be a geoscapte music if u follow my recommandations, but i think it is not appropriate for tactical missions.

hope that helps.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 01:01:57 pm »
Thanks, that's good feedback, I'll work on the track and see what I can do with it.

I admit that most of my past work is metal, and music for video games is a bit new for me, but I like to learn and try new things.

Believe it or not, the first try (which I never uploaded anywhere) started sounding too much like a modernized real-instrument version of the old Zone 66 intro song, so I started over.

I'll keep working on it...