project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: verify please  (Read 2267 times)

mash

verify please
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:53:12 pm »
Not sure these are bugs or features but i hope other people would verify below

1. even though I have  5 machine guns at base 1, I can transfer 100's to base 2. the counter just keeps incrementing
  2. soon after I research an item, it becomes available in the market, I pretty much don't need production labs
  3. if you equip a fighter craft with only alien technology, it will not work, must have at least one human rocket or machine gun
     (clicking on a UFO pops a box that list option missing the fighter)
  4. alien activity drops suddenly, I can go for days without any incident
  5. soldiers barely improve per mission. in fact only noticeable change is by rank
  6. go to production screen, select production of a new fighter craft (the researched ones with no picture)
      down below select production of a stun rod. click the line above (figter) the picture the right is wrong.
      go back an forth between screens and then go to production screen. the picture to the right is wrong

SpaceWombat

Re: verify please
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:53:13 pm »
I can clearly verify number 2 and 4.

About 1: I had a bug with a scientist who suddenly appeared without me hiring one and I have a slight feeling the counting mechanism in some menus (production/transfer/research) is slightly bugged.  But I cannot tell this for sure because I'm not able to reproduce these bugs.

No 5: Soldiers improve but they seem to get really specialized for me (sniper 48, all other stats nearly static after a few missions).  ::)

No 6: I had several image bugs. Artifacts from previous screens, wrong/no image in the production menu etc. Seem to be random and barely reproducable but something -especially in production screen- is wrong.  :D

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: verify please
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:34:52 pm »
Thanks for these remarks  :)

1. even though I have  5 machine guns at base 1, I can transfer 100's to base 2. the counter just keeps incrementing
I don't manage to reproduce this bug. Could you please make a savegame where this bug is reproducible, and then open a bug tracker with this savegame ?

2. soon after I research an item, it becomes available in the market, I pretty much don't need production labs
This is not a bug.

3. if you equip a fighter craft with only alien technology, it will not work, must have at least one human rocket or machine gun
     (clicking on a UFO pops a box that list option missing the fighter)
This is not implemented yet. See also:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1882498&group_id=157793&atid=805242

4. alien activity drops suddenly, I can go for days without any incident
  5. soldiers barely improve per mission. in fact only noticeable change is by rank
This will be improved in the future.

mash