Development > Sounds and Music

[CLOSED] Footsteps sound effects

(1/5) > >>

Zenerka:
As you maybe noticed we recently introduced footsteps sound and particle effect. Currently the exhausting part of the work is to figure every surface texture on every map, add it to terrain.ufo, and then apply proper footstep sound effect and/or particle. While a lot of footstep sounds can be gathered from Internet, there are some which I fail to find. So now the request here about preparing some footstep sounds. From time to time (read: mostly daily) i will update terrain.ufo with new surface texture names, and - in case I won't be able to find the footstep sound, i will post the request here.

Currently i am looking for the footstep sound for stepping onto some straw. Some kind of "sssh" sound. The second one would be footstep on parquet floor - some not-so-loud step onto wood, or something like that.

Anyone wants to try it? :)

Zenerka:
Two next footsteps are just two types of grass: small grass, so the actor walking on it gives just very silent sound, and the bigger one, with some louder "sss".

Destructavator:
I have the portable gear to record it, but my location might be a problem - I live in a high-rise apartment building, not near any place with straw or tall grass.  Could you do anything with carpet, linoleum, or bathroom tile?  Actually, now that I think about it, my bathtub could be good for a metallic sound, like the inside of a craft of some kind, if you could use a "clank-clank."

Zenerka:
Yes, we do need a footsteps sound for linoleum. As well as for a lot of other surfaces but I did not had a time to surf through another maps to find out surface textures types.
But now i can add to wanted footsteps sounds list:
- linoleum floor
- asphalt road
- gravel street (just a street with the gravel on the ground)
- parquette floor (two types I think, the old scratching one, where the wood is old and scratches, and the new one, where the only sould is really footstep)
- terracotta floor - something for bathrooms maybe?

sai`ke:
Hey people, here are some dry footstep sounds I recorded on the train:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oxj0ii

The raw recording sounded pretty shitty, so I went ahead and filtered (highpass filter) and apodized (multiplying each individual footstep with a decreasing exponential to enhance spectral resolution and decrease noise) them. You can use these for the new parquette I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version