project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Storyline variant: Deceitful aliens backstory  (Read 12993 times)

Northen_Wolf

Storyline variant: Deceitful aliens backstory
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 07:28:41 pm »
(why don't you use a typechecker, BTW?)

What is that prog and if its a freeware where can i donwload it?

... but because it seems to me very chaotic. I understand that fast writing is good for catching all those nice ideas before they get stale, but why don't you reread and rewrite your posts? That would prevent your good ideas from being wasted

Yeah i planned to edit this msg later (right now for an exp.)... I have not seen (in my short time in ufo:ai forums) somone to replay so fast to threads (expt. BTAxis)...  [/quote]

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 07:53:53 pm »
Quote from: "Northen_Wolf"
(why don't you use a typechecker, BTW?)

What is that prog and if its a freeware where can i donwload it?

I meant "spellchecker". Sorry. I don't know what typechecker means, actually. :D

There are many free spellcheckers, I think. I use ispell (mainly for Linux) and I know of the spellchecker in OpenOffice.

Offline BloodMagus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 08:55:35 am »
BT,

There is a very simple explaination for a rare mineral being on earth, which is also the same for the artifact being on earth.

We didn't know about it.

Hence why we never paid any attention to it.
Uranium has been around for centuries, but only in the past 5 decades has there been a desire to dig it up and use it.

If we don't have a use for a rare mineral, chances are we don't care about it. There's tons of rare minerals on earth that we know of, but don't use and hence don't mine. But the moment someone found a use for it, we'd be digging it up like crazy.

The PSX game C-12, aliens were mining earth for Carbon, the people included.

Its a simple explanation for a variety of scenarios. Something is on earth, we don't know about it, but the aliens do. Let the conflict begin.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 11:31:32 am »
Well, what you say may be true. I'm still sceptical, though. So the aliens want to mine earth? That'll take them many years. Their victory won't be a one-event decision, which makes it hard to wrtie a climax to the battle. Of course, they might decide to wipe out all life on earth so they can mine in peace, but then the whole mineral schtick would just come across as an excuse for the doomsday weapon scenario. Do you have any plausible solutions for this?

Northen_Wolf

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 06:04:10 pm »
About minerals:
some suggestions:
Why won't they destroy us?

a) mineral is easly destroyed?
b) they come (and/or) wake up different times (maybe thacyon traveling allowes to travel fast but diffrent ships reach thru there different times?)
c) Diffrent groups of alien want the minerals (maybe mineral is somekinda a drug that drives them mad?)

Why haven't we using this mineral?

Did pp used coal when fire was first time founded or did they used gas for making fire?
No we didn't had thec to use these minerals... Once we know how or what for they are good were gonna use it too...