project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Starting Problems on Win2000  (Read 3384 times)

Aqua

Starting Problems on Win2000
« on: July 02, 2007, 03:52:32 pm »
Hello...

At First...please excuse my bad english... :?

Have a problem with starting the game on windows 2000.
Normally I use the 16bit mode, but i tried it with changing to 32bit. But I couldnt solve the problem nevertheless.

When I start the Game a grey colored Fullsreen apears for a second. Then it change in window-size, but its still full of grey...
After that, it ends automaticly, but no error message or something else does appear....

My System: IBM Thinkpad with Win 2000 Professional / 128mb /800mhz

Thx for Help!  Aqua...! :D

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 03:55:03 pm »
What version of the game are you using? 2.1.1? Or a 2.2 test installer? If you're using the 2.2 installer, when did you download it?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 03:59:35 pm »
you can also try to edit your shortcut and add +set vid_fullscreen +set snd_init 0 +set vid_grabmouse 0 after ufo.exe - maybe that works

Agrajag

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:41:42 pm »
I had the exact same problem. Running xp, but same story. It turned out to be my graphic driver that needed an update.

Is there a list of system requirements?

Aqua

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 04:59:47 pm »
Big Thx for your fast replies...!

Quote from: "BTAxis"
What version of the game are you using? 2.1.1? Or a 2.2 test installer? If you're using the 2.2 installer, when did you download it?

The file is named " ufoai-2.1.1-win32_hotfix2". Would it help to try the newer Beta-Version?

Quote from: "Mattn"
you can also try to edit your shortcut and add +set vid_fullscreen +set snd_init 0 +set vid_grabmouse 0 after ufo.exe - maybe that works

Okay..., I had paste it after the exe in windows command-line. I hope Im right. :oops:  But the situation  is the same like before....

Quote from: "Kanaaz"
I had the exact same problem. Running xp, but same story. It turned out to be my graphic driver that needed an update.
Is there a list of system requirements?

Ive just installed this system few days ago, so it have to be the newest driver i can get for this computer....

Agrajag

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 01:34:27 pm »
Have you found a solution to your problem?

Not likely to be the problem, but check anyway.
System requirements

If you have some realy special hardware which could be why it's not working (maybe you're unlucky), you should perhaps post it, so it can be added to the "not working" list, if that's the problem.

Aqua

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 07:05:48 pm »
Quote from: "Agrajag"
Have you found a solution to your problem?

Not really....

Not likely to be the problem, but check anyway.
System requirements
I had checked the requirements....., my system looks strong enough... ;-)

If you have some realy special hardware which could be why it's not working (maybe you're unlucky), you should perhaps post it, so it can be added to the "not working" list, if that's the problem.

The problem still exist. But I dont know if other people would have the same probs. My System is an IBM Thinkpad (T21). I have installed a Win2k. Maybe i have time to try it with an XP in the next days....but i cant promise...

When I give up, i will public this here....
Until that Im very open for further Ideas or solutions ;-)