project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Suggestion: Engineers, Scientists, Medics... and ?  (Read 2418 times)

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Engineers, Scientists, Medics... and ?
« on: September 24, 2008, 09:42:17 am »
Hi,

I was watching La Femme Nikita the other day and if there's a better model for no-nonsense interrogation I've never seen it!

There are a fantastic (if very creepy) pair of people called the Torture Twins - don't talk much but then their job is to make the enemy talk. You only see them in the interrogation room, with their toolkits.

If playing with their bodies doesn't turn up answers, Madeline messes with their heads. And if that doesn't work, or they need a "soft" approach to the interrogation, there's always Nikita.

It might take a lot of coding but this would make use of the "stats" that at present are assigned to scientists etc.

What delicious fun if:

1. Aliens can die under interrogation if you rely too heavily on the sociopathic element of the team
2. Aliens can escape the interrogation room if you're too soft (mission on base to apprehend fugitive)
3. You can assign a team to one alien and they gain tech in parallel to other development (tactical advances, cultural info, alien mission types)
4. You have to adjust the team dynamic according to the alien's rank.

Aiki-Knight

Re: Suggestion: Engineers, Scientists, Medics... and ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:14:49 pm »
Interesting, but it seems like a lot of work, while I'm micro-managing everything else! Good ideas, though.