project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: End of technology tree.  (Read 4583 times)

astropanic

End of technology tree.
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:00:11 am »
I have currently researched all technologies in the game.  Does anyone know when we will have more technologies for us to research?  And when the files do come out, will it be a patch or files that I will have to place myself (which I doubt I know how to do it)?

Rhishisikk

End of technology tree.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 09:06:51 am »
:shock:

How can we add our own devices to the tech tree?  There's numerous things, like tranq darts, injectors, and other things I'd like to add to the tech tree.  (I have no skill at digital artwork, though.)  Many many things in the game just aren't implemented yet.

I gather that the game is still under development; are there plans for adding underwater missions and gear?  What about traitors and the alien bio-tech critters?

For that matter, how do we find out when the updates are scheduled?  It seems that a good time to jump on board is right after an update.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: End of technology tree.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 03:27:47 pm »
Quote from: "astropanic"
Does anyone know when we will have more technologies for us to research?

Let me guess... in next version? Every version in the past added some technologies to research tree. That trend will follow. In 2.2 there will be UFO recoveries (currently work in progress) which enable some new UFO- and craft equipment-related research topics.
Quote from: "astropanic"
And when the files do come out, will it be a patch or files that I will have to place myself (which I doubt I know how to do it)?

New version means new installer to download.
Quote from: "Rhishisikk"
How can we add our own devices to the tech tree?

base/0ufos.pk3, unpack, take a look at research.ufo file.
Many many things in the game just aren't implemented yet.

Yes. As usual, patches are welcomed.
are there plans for adding underwater missions and gear?

Yes. It is on my personal TODO list for UFO:Alien Invasion version 14.7.23 or something. Underwater bubbles will follow.
For that matter, how do we find out when the updates are scheduled?

Announcement on homepage, forum, wiki, sourceforge page. Also - since last version - newsletter.