project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How you can help to speed up the next release?  (Read 38454 times)

Kamuflaro

Re: How you can help to speed up the next release?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 03:13:06 pm »
It's a wiki, register and start editing :D

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 03:00:18 pm »
Though, there are some sections which people are asked to leave. eg some of the equipment descriptions.

Having said that, if you see something which you are sure is out of date, edit it. If you accidentally do wrong, someone will let you know, and reverting is easy.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 04:02:45 am »
could someone port the beta installers to MAC?

Offline Josh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 10:47:13 pm »
If you ever need a concept artist or some 2D stuff, I might be able to oblige.

You have a neat project going here, and I for one look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 11:27:03 pm »
We always need artists of any variety. Shimmy over to the artwork forum to get more details.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 10:59:12 pm »
Speaking of helping you guys out...without being able to run UFO: AI, I can't test anything I make in-game to see if it works.  :-[

I can still make things tough, alltouhg I've en kinda busy and absent-minded lately.

If you need more research images I can always do those.
Oh yeah...finish that heavy needler....

EDIT: I notice the StarChaser still isn't in the 2.2.3. Are there any problem with the mesh?

agentsteel

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 03:44:02 pm »
helloo...im new here too and id love to help out if i can... great game btw :)

1. the only place to report a bug for 221 is in the sourceforge site??

2. if thats the case you will probably lose some people just because they d be bored to start 2 new accounts just to report a few bugs..just a thought...

cya

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 04:30:22 pm »
helloo...im new here too and id love to help out if i can... great game btw :)

1. the only place to report a bug for 221 is in the sourceforge site??
2. if thats the case you will probably lose some people just because they d be bored to start 2 new accounts just to report a few bugs..just a thought...

Hello and welcome.

I  don't think we would lose people just because that.
 Also 2.2.1 is quite old, if you wanna help speeding up the next release use the latest development version. The source from the SVN is the best but a third party build can do it as well (like odie's build in the sticky (Windows) thread)
I think we didn't dismiss any report just because it was not reported on SF.  But still that's the preferred location for them.

-geever

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 05:41:45 pm »
I have a suggestion, or rather a request, in order to speed up the speeding up.

Would it be possible to assign a contact person to each point on the todo list?
That is, an name or link to whoever made the last changes / largest contributions to that area or simply has an overview of the state of things. In short, the person to connect with if one wants to contribute to a certain point.

I know that this is open source and everybody can go and make changes as he wishes. Still, I for one like to talk to people before I go about modifying their work, and nobody wants to waste time on unnecessary (parallel) developments because they didn't know it was already being done.
And while it is possible to find out these things by searching and asking in the forums, at least having a name makes things easier imo.

Alternatively, a pinned "most recent state of things" in each dev forum might help new people like me in their orientation, if someone is willing to keep those updated.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 10:06:57 pm »
@Vio:
Not sure if you request is still valid, because meanwhile you have learned more about how this project works. But others might want to know too, so I'm posting.

Most changes are discussed between multiple devs (storyline, game balance, coders,...) before being implemented, so there usually is no *single* person to talk to.

Imho it's best to post a brief concept in an appropriate forum. Hint: make it obvious in the title that *you* want to do (most of) the work, because in times of heavy bugfixing feature requests might get a little less attention ;)

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 07:00:56 pm »
My concern was less about entirely new features (for which this would certainly be a good solution) than modifications to existing things.

Say somebody had a good idea, but is unsure about just going ahead and coding it. He doesn't know whether someone else is already working on that particular part, whether there are concepts to follow, or plans that have already bee decided on, and is generally new to the area.

Searching and posting in the forums is a way, but it is tedious and unreliable imo. The info may be outdated, and some post saying "I'd like to help with x" could easily be missed by those it concerns.

A talk with the most recent author, otoh, could fill him in on the situation, future plans, other contributors, and the ways they could work together in a matter of one or two messages.
It would make things quicker and easier. That's all I'm saying.

VaeliusNoctu

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2010, 07:31:01 pm »
Ist der 2.3dev Patch auf dem neusten Stand von Januar 2010, oder updated ihr die Version 2.3 erst beim Update auf eine stabile Version?

Denn falls das einzige was 2.3 noch fehlt ein paar Übersetzungen sind, würde ich gerne schonmal anfangen mit Spielen.

Ich weis ich habe es schon häufiger gesagt, aber euer Spiel ist Klasse und ich kann es kaum abwarten wieder in das alte UFO fealing einzusteigen.

Übrigens seid ihr Moderatoren zur Zeit auf der Forumseite? Ich habe schon einige PMs an euch geschickt, aber nie eine Antwort bekommen.

Translator Übersetzung:

Is 2.3dev patch on the newest state from January, 2010, or do you update the version 2.3 only with the update on a stable version?

If still a few translations lack the only one what 2.3 are need, I would start with pleasure to plays.

I point I have said it quite frequent, but your play is a class and I can hardly wait to get again into the old UFO fealing.

By the way, are her Moderators at the moment on the forum side? I have already sent some PMs to you, but have never got an answer.

INFO: Im not stupid, I use a Translator to write here.^^

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2010, 02:04:58 am »
My German isn't the best, but I'll try to answer you.

Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber ich will versuchen, Ihnen zu antworten.

Übrigens seid ihr Moderatoren zur Zeit auf der Forumseite? Ich habe schon einige PMs an euch geschickt, aber nie eine Antwort bekommen.

Who did you send messages to?  If you don't want to post openly in the forum I'd suggest talking to Mattn, he knows much better German than I do.

Wer hast du nachrichten sendst?  Wenn du willst nicht beitrag im forum, sprechst du mit Mattn, er weisst Deutsch viel besser als ich.

Ain Soph Aur

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2010, 02:11:55 am »
Ist der 2.3dev Patch auf dem neusten Stand von Januar 2010, oder updated ihr die Version 2.3 erst beim Update auf eine stabile Version?

Denn falls das einzige was 2.3 noch fehlt ein paar Übersetzungen sind, würde ich gerne schonmal anfangen mit Spielen.

Ich weis ich habe es schon häufiger gesagt, aber euer Spiel ist Klasse und ich kann es kaum abwarten wieder in das alte UFO fealing einzusteigen.

Translator Übersetzung:

Is 2.3dev patch on the newest state from January, 2010, or do you update the version 2.3 only with the update on a stable version?

If still a few translations lack the only one what 2.3 are need, I would start with pleasure to plays.

I point I have said it quite frequent, but your play is a class and I can hardly wait to get again into the old UFO fealing.

By the way, are her Moderators at the moment on the forum side? I have already sent some PMs to you, but have never got an answer.

INFO: Im not stupid, I use a Translator to write here.^^

Ums nochmal in klarem deutsch zu sagen: Schreib deine Fragen einfach ins Forum, die Entwickler lesen mit. Wenn du was auf dem Herzen hast dass du wirklich persönlich klären willst, dann schick eine Nachricht an User "Mattn".

VaeliusNoctu

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2010, 02:32:11 am »
@Ain
Das habe ich getan. Mattn scheint zur Zeit nicht da zu sein, oder meine PNs sind untergegangen, wer weis wieviele ihm schreiben.
@Destructavator
Thx.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:33:57 am by VaeliusNoctu »