project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: After finishing the map...  (Read 2937 times)

Sectoid

After finishing the map...
« on: May 15, 2007, 06:16:55 pm »
After the map is built and compiled, how do I get the game to recognise the map as a playable mission map?

Wanderer

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:40:32 pm »
Edit the mission.ufo file to include it as an available mission to the system.  Edit campaign to have it autmatically arrive, or you can manually occur it with the console (If someone gets a chance before I can find Zenerka's post on this or in the wiki, please tell him the command line in the console to put it on the map?)

Sectoid

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 07:41:02 pm »
Quote from: "Wanderer"
Edit the mission.ufo file to include it as an available mission to the system.  Edit campaign to have it autmatically arrive, or you can manually occur it with the console (If someone gets a chance before I can find Zenerka's post on this or in the wiki, please tell him the command line in the console to put it on the map?)

I can't seem to find a "mission.ufo" file anywhere --am I missing something? I'm playing version 2.1.1.  

-Thanks

Wanderer

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 07:42:47 pm »
Quote from: "Sectoid"
I can't seem to find a "mission.ufo" file anywhere --am I missing something? I'm playing version 2.1.1.  

-Thanks

You need to unpack the pk3 files in the /base directory, and then rename/remove the .pk3s.  They're merely zip files with an odd naming extension.

Then, see here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Missions.ufo#Missions

Sectoid

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 07:55:04 pm »
I think I've got it now, thanks for the help.    :D