project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Spawn Point Selection  (Read 2979 times)

Wanderer

Spawn Point Selection
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:10:33 am »
When a map loads, let's say there is the following:

--------------------------
12 human start
30 alien start
30 civilian start
12 player start
--------------------------

Single Player Campaign:
Is there an order of preference for the selection of which spawn to use when not all spawns are to be used?  For example, right now we start with 8 humans.  Obviously I can't use all 12.  Will having 12 cause a problem?  Will it prefer the first 8 put down or will it use them at random?

Same for aliens and civilians.  The more the merrier!  I prefer not to know exactly where to throw a grenade at the beginning of every map.  (farm08d, for example.  One upstairs in the farmhouse, one over the fence, and one by Bessy, and usually one by the large barn.)

Multiplayer Combat:
How does spawn selection work at all?  Does it only use player start locations, or will it prefer to take human vs. alien starts at first, and only include player starts for multi-team play?

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn Point Selection
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:26:42 pm »
Quote from: "Wanderer"
Is there an order of preference for the selection of which spawn to use when not all spawns are to be used?

No.

For example, right now we start with 8 humans.  Obviously I can't use all 12.  Will having 12 cause a problem?  Will it prefer the first 8 put down or will it use them at random?

The second.
How does spawn selection work at all?  Does it only use player start locations, or will it prefer to take human vs. alien starts at first, and only include player starts for multi-team play?

misc_info, player_start, select, entity properties, Team 1 if you want it spawnpoint for team 1, Team 2 if you want it spawnpoint for team 2, etc. Don't forget to adjust that global variable telling the amount of teams for this map, do not remember its name.

Wanderer

Spawn Point Selection
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 05:15:06 pm »
Thank ye!