project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alternative for Urban outfit  (Read 5093 times)

Kohli

Alternative for Urban outfit
« on: April 25, 2007, 04:41:22 pm »
Hi there,
I tought it was a great idea to add multiple outfits to the game (version 2.1), but I think that they look too much alike. Expecially the Urban and Arctic costumes. So decided to do some quick skinning, and replaced the Urban outfits with more "flashy" skinset. They aren't as camo or realistic as the original ones are, with black as the main color, with yellow and grey details. They turned out somewhat good, so i decided to post the skinset here for others to try them on.

Istallation:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/brinata/not_so_urban.pk3
Just place that .pk3-file to you UFOAI/base/ folder, where the other .pk3-files are, and that's it.
If you don't like them or you get bored, just delete the .pk3-file.
(Only been tested in version 2.1)

All credits go the guy who originally did the soldier textures, cause I pretty much just recolored them.

And a little request for the devteam: I think it would be awesome if you could add an outfit importer tool or something like that, what one could use to add more outfits to the game.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot for those who wanted one: http://www.kolumbus.fi/brinata/sshot.jpg

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:01:23 pm »
I like the idea of having a spread of outfits to choose from, even though its rather eye candy.
Personally I don't mind so much about realistic or camo. A black armor in the oriental maps isn't exactly camo as well, and aliens have much too sharp (probably infrared) eyes anyway ;-)
Could you post screenshots here so we can discuss your designs?
That would make it easier than installing them...

Offline tempsanity

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:47 pm »
Can we get screenshots please?

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 12:05:32 am »
I think I like it. Especially the right three. The left two look a bit too black-in-black, but hard to tell from one screenshot.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 12:54:59 am »
But why "alternative"? I would be glad to just add them. It really won't hurt anyone. The more camouflages - the better.
Please make a pure red one, i want CCCP soldiers. ;)

EDIT: so, Kohli, can we add your skin to the game?

Kohli

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:00:19 pm »
Quote from: "Zenerka"
But why "alternative"? I would be glad to just add them. It really won't hurt anyone. The more camouflages - the better.

Of course you can. You can also give it a name you see fit. And about the red CCCP outfit, I just might do that when I have some more time. I could actually do some real texturing, not just recoloring on that one.

Wanderer

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 07:31:30 pm »

EDIT: so, Kohli, can we add your skin to the game?

Halfway done with my Star Trek Redshirts. I'll get them posted somewhere when I finish screwing around with 'em. :)

Kohli

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 09:45:17 pm »
Please make a pure red one, i want CCCP soldiers.

DONE!
So here you go, a mainly red CCCP costume with grey and yellow details. Again, it just replaces the urban costume, and if you wan't to add it to the game go ahead. There is one "glitch" though. As all light armors use the same helmet, if you install these costumes all other costumes will also have red helmets! And that looks quite stupid.

Screenshot: http://www.kolumbus.fi/brinata/CCCPt.jpg

Costume: http://www.kolumbus.fi/brinata/CCCP_costume.pk3

Installation the same as with the above costume, and that meens they don't work simultaneously.

Hope you like it.