project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: question about autopsy  (Read 2735 times)

Moredeth

question about autopsy
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:02:36 pm »
i just wanted to know if you would be interested in some autopsy drawing

i'm not good in drawing, but as biologist i did some dissection drawing and i know how should look the interior of an organism (and can hypothesize for alien based on the autopsy descrption). I was thinking maybe i could give a try on an alien dissection drawing to add to the ufopedia as image?

or i could try again to work with blender to do it in 3D?

but before i give a try, tell me if the idea is interesting you ?

also if a crack in blender want to do it but don't have ideas on how should be organised the interior of an alien we could co-work, with design and drawing separated.

Offline Voller

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
question about autopsy
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 04:04:28 pm »
Sounds great, I definitely approve!

Offline Psawhn

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
question about autopsy
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 11:30:35 pm »
I think it's a great idea. Of course, one of the team might want to OK it, too. :)

Personally, I think doing it in blender will be difficult. If it's for an in-game model, most of the detail will be in the textures, and you'd end up drawing everything anyways.
If it's for a high-detail still, then there's still a lot of work to go into it anyway. It's a hard project, especially if you're new to blender.

And as far as drawings go, you can take advantage of that and make a non-photorealistic drawing. Maybe like a pencil sketch, with false colour to show things like different muscles and organs.

Of course, you're the biologist, so you know much more than me about how the whole process works and how insides actually look. ;)

Moredeth

question about autopsy
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:59:08 am »
actually the best would be pencil drawing and then you can add tags a little bit around and comments, so it would look like an autopsy drawing.

i thought about blender, but not about texturing, which just proove i'm noobs on that, which then would render doing that using blender probably too much for me.

so my offer would be for a pencil drawing of opened alien for autopsy ufopedia files.