project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Gameplay Probs  (Read 3447 times)

Gnoxx

Gameplay Probs
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:54:12 pm »
Hi everyone!

I used to be a big X_COM-Fan. A few hours ago, I downloaded UFO:AI and spent some time to get myself into it. Now I have a few Questions. Is there a manual, a bit more comprehensive than the one here? I have a few problems, i.e. I can't do research, and some Soldiers start a mission without weapons although I equipped them, to mention a few.

Are such problems user-problems or game-problems (because it's a beta-version, thats what I mean)

THX in advance,
Gnoxx

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Gameplay Probs
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 09:51:15 pm »
The problems you mention lie with the game. Research isn't implemented yet in the demo you're playing, and the equipment problem is a bug. The bug is fixed in the current codebase, and Hoehrer has implemented a lot of the research system already, too. You have two choices - either wait for the next beta (no ETA), or compile the latest SVN revision.

As for a manual, there is none. I don't think there will be one in the foreseeable future, either.

Gnoxx

Gameplay Probs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:04:45 pm »
Ok, thanks! Then I guess I'll have to wait vor the next BETA, since I'm not very good in all this programming-stuff and I don't think that I'll be able to compile anything.
Which is hard, because what I've seen so far made me really hungry for the rest of the Game!  :D

Keep Up The Good WORK!

Gnoxx