Technical support > FAQ

Are there any UFO:AI related tutorials available?

(1/6) > >>

Mattn:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Contribute

oxyXen:
Hi

I had a look at the coding tutorials sections, and its pretty poor  :wink:
However, is, or will, there a tutorial on how to start coding, maybe the structure, or what software to use?

ox

Mattn:
when someone finds the time - yes :-D

what are the things you are interested in?

oxyXen:
Hi

Im interested in coding. If my help in that is not needed, then at least for private purposes.
I played around for a time with the q3 sdk and i programmed a little engine, which is pretty crappy, but i learned a lot about engine/graphics/c++/cg.

I need like a brief introduction to the code and maybe to svn...

ox  :D

ps: im also a big fan of the ufo series

edit: i use only linux for ufoai, since my wincomputer is pretty crappy :twisted:

Hoehrer:

--- Quote from: oxyXen ---Im interested in coding. If my help in that is not needed, then at least for private purposes.
--- Quote ---
I think i'm speaking for everybody when I say that coders are always welcome. :)

--- Quote from: oxyXen ---I need like a brief introduction to the code and maybe to svn...
--- End quote ---

Since i'm currently digging into the code myself i can't really give you instructions, but the code is mostly self-explaining once you have a point ot start and some basic nomenclature ... that said i think we should add a few code-related "todo" or "wanted" entries in the feature-request section of the tracker .. this way coders always know what to do next ;)

As you may have already seen, the thing that _i'm_ currently working on is the research system and i've made it my personal high-priority task, but there are alot of other features that need implemention (e.g interception/air-combat, production, etc...)

--- Quote from: "oxyXen" ---i use only linux for ufoai, since my wincomputer is pretty crappy :twisted:
--- End quote ---

If you encounter any problems with the ufo:ai svn+compilatiopn just aks in the forum.

Welcome aboard and happy bug/alien hunting ;)
Werner
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version