project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: tempsanity's multiplayer feedback and suggestions  (Read 2814 times)

Offline tempsanity

• Rookie
    • View Profile
tempsanity's multiplayer feedback and suggestions
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:04:58 pm »
OK guys, after one (and a half) day of testing multiplayer in all kinds of configurations (coop2, coop3, 3vs3, 4vs4, 1vs1vs1, 2vs2vs2) I have experienced all kinds of bugs and a lot of ideas appeared in my mind. Here it goes:

Bugs I remember:

- A couple of players after dropping a weapon couldn't use any other weapon - because the 'dropped' one was still in their hands. Metalhead42 also said that after dropping his pistol he had an invisible one with full ammo.

Edit: Yes I experienced this bug as well. Tried to drop a grenade to the ground/backpack - I got an error saying that I have too many items in one slot or something and couldn't drop the grenade (it cloned - it was in my backpack and hand at the same time).

- I don't know in exactly what game modes, but for sure in 2vs2 or 3vs3 (maybe both) when a player got disconnected he had new soldiers upon reconnection. Also often after disconnecting (for example when my laptop got overheated) I didn't get my team back.

- In coop2/coop3 modes (all coop modes I guess) alien teams fight with each other instead of teamplay rendering this mode totally useless (pity!)

- Sometimes when playing 3vs3 for example people didn't get any soldiers, some of them had their teams, some of them didn't

- On the beach map (don't know the exact name) the team that starts on the beach has almost no chances of surviving - the enemy starts at the top level and can shoot the other team like rabbits ;) (the team starting at the beach cannot climb the sand on the left! It has to be fixed - mapbug I guess)

About multiplayer:
The maps are beautiful and really cool, i'm amazed by the mappers skill. It is my favourite game for multiplayer currently, even though the bugs are terrible atm.

Suggestions for the future:

- Small player nick next to his every soldier (over soldiers' head or under his feet)

- Circle (like when throwing a nade) showing you where your ally saw an alien - instead of seeing his exact position - that would make it more interesting. When the voice files will be ready the allied soldier would say something like 'enemy spotted'

- Smoke grenades lasting longer, like three turns? Are they even working right now? I'm not sure

- Being able to reserve some slots for spectators - for example 2 additional spectator slots in 3vs3 game

- Objective based missions - examples to discuss:
a) One team has to defend a new technology (like a weapon) which can be taken from for example three places - the second team tries to pick one of the weapons and bring it to some point
b) Both teams are trying to get the other team's documents or something - meaning that the team that gets into a certain place (near enemy's base) wins
c) One team needs to hack a certain ammount of computers which the second team tries to guard. The more advanced version of this (probably hard to code) would be that the player can choose to have hackers and soldiers in his team - hackers can hack and use weaker weapons (scientist model) and soldiers guard them. This mode would be very interesting imho.

- Small campaigns:
Players choose to play a campaign of 3 missions connected together. For example 1st mission takes place on village07d, next on village07n (so it looks as if some time had passed and it became darker) - the team that wins 2 missions is the winner. You can connect it by objectives - you have like 3 objectives and after completing one of them, next mission starts - for example the 3 objectives are - take control of point 1, 2, 3. The second mission starts when the attacker team takes control of point 1 - they are spawned in that point. Bigger maps would be needed. Points could be awarded for which you could buy some additional stuff for your soldiers, or just points for the sake of points :)

Probably more ideas and bugs to come, please post your suggestions, opinions and bugs you have found in 2.1.

Cheers, and see you online :)

Bernhardt

Re: tempsanity's multiplayer feedback and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:59:27 pm »
Quote from: "tempsanity"
About multiplayer:
The maps are beautiful and really cool, i'm amazed by the mappers skill. It is my favourite game for multiplayer currently, even though the bugs are terrible atm.

Suggestions for the future:

- Small player nick next to his every soldier (over soldiers' head or under his feet)

Indeed, I fell in love when I finally got the game to work. The atmosphere is great and the community is great. The maps I played on 3vs3, 4vs4 or so were awesome. We had some hilarious moments yesterday: "Noone told me there was a strip joint down-stairs".

Also, as a newbie, it would help me if I would be able to see nicknames, well atleast my allies nicknames over or under their characters.

Oh and it would help us new players if you could check the info on items ingame too.

Offline Popi

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
tempsanity's multiplayer feedback and suggestions
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 02:08:35 pm »
More bugs in multiplayer not submitted by tempsanity

- 1on1on1 isn't working, no players got any soldiers at all. (someone i cant remember his name -sorry- guessed it may be something about starting map positions...)

- Team creation bug (attention exploiters!! ;) ), if u create a human team, go select in the < > alien team and then edit the human team again... u got 4 extra alien armors... that fit humans nicely. You can save the team and got 8 armored guys. I works the same for alien teams.