project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Medikit  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Medikit
« on: April 06, 2007, 02:13:20 pm »
One can use the medikit for the soldier who carries it. But this seems not to work.
Look at the screenshot
http://zockertown.de/s9y/uploads/games/ufoai/21ufo13.jpg
the integer of target aiming quote is astronocical negative. but clicking works with no effect for health but the typically noise is generated.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 07:26:04 pm by Wh1sper »

kafka

Medikit
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 02:31:21 pm »
Hi,
I noticed this too, using medikits has no effect on the soldier carrying it. If applied to anyone else it works. Also when I put it on the ground for someone else to pick it up, it disappeared.

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Medikit
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 02:37:13 pm »
Quote from: "kafka"
Also when I put it on the ground for someone else to pick it up, it disappeared.

No that works for me. I wonder how many "shoots" are in one kit by the way.
Ok this bug is not very heavy since one can manage around it. It only looks funny :)

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Medikit
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:32:07 am »
Another medikit problem (in 2.1). I took around 5 medikits on a mission. I used one and they all had zero charge afterwards.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Medikit
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 05:05:26 pm »
Quote from: "kafka"
I noticed this too, using medikits has no effect on the soldier carrying it.

That's on purpose. One cannot "heal" himself.
Quote from: "blondandy"
Another medikit problem (in 2.1). I took around 5 medikits on a mission. I used one and they all had zero charge afterwards.

You sure you checked other medikits, not the first one you already used?

Offline Kaerius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Medikit
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 11:08:23 pm »
My medikits seem to have unlimited charges, never had one run out. Been using the ones I got in the beginning through probably 30+ missions.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Medikit
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 12:25:12 pm »
[reply to zenerka]

yep.

used one medikit once. no other medikit has any love to give.

I plan to play some more (currently coming to terms with broken savegames), I will see if I can deduce any other salient facts about the medikit issue.

Offline AlieNation

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Medikit
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 01:26:41 pm »
This is actually on purpose to additionally stage realism - the medikit cannot be used on the soldier himself because of hesitation. In real life, people hesitate before they poke themselves with a sharp and painful needle. :D  In the game, this hesitation is so long that it would take too many TU's to ever overcome this hesitation factor.

But even so, the Medikit is a little bit buggy, because it seems to have unlimited ammo. Can you also heal aliens with a medikit???  :?

Offline iX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Medikit
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 09:27:27 am »
2.1.1.(Win): Medikit really don't works well - after I use one medikit two times, I cannot use ANY of others medikits with ANY soldier to heal ANYbody... :cry:  :cry: