project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Arrow Key Map Rotation  (Read 2290 times)

bri49

Arrow Key Map Rotation
« on: May 01, 2008, 02:52:37 pm »
Hello All,

My first post! It's a joy to see the spirit of my all time favorite game revived and all of the work and dedication that has gone into this project. I only wish my talents were program oriented. I do have editing skills which I would be happy to volunteer, if needed.

Forgive me if this topic has already been addressed. Why does the right arrow key cause the tactical map to rotate counter-clockwise? I find this totally counter-intuitive. Clockwise should spin the map to the right, correct? One more quibble: the size of the character info panels. They obscure a large section of the tactical map. If they were half the size they would still be easily discernible. In addition how about the ability to toggle those panels off and on with the tab key (like Photoshop). These are small fixes but ones that could help improve the game's interface.

I know this is yet one more suggestion in a sea of problems to be fixed but at least it doesn't involve reinventing the wheel! :-)

Kind Regards,
Brian

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Arrow Key Map Rotation
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:33:26 pm »
It actually used to be that way, but then hoehrer made some new graphics for the rotation buttons, which were pointing the wrong way around. The easy solution was to just change the rotation direction. We should probably change it back with the next GUI incarnation, because I don't feel comfortable with this rotation either.