project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't load Savegame  (Read 19173 times)

Offline smalul

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 03:20:11 pm »
OK, thanks for your reply, Zenerka. Based on what you wrote, does that mean everyone would have to start a new game? I don't mind starting over, as long as I can actually play, save and load games when I need to.

This is off topic, but would this new version (2.1.1) be an already compiled version that I can just install and run? If not - would there be instructions on how to compile it?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2007, 04:06:56 pm »
the new version is already available as a beta-installer - see the sticky thread in the bugs forum

the new savesystem __should__ allow to carry savegames from 2.1.1 to e.g 2.2 without that much problems.

if this would be reasonable due to lacking feature set in 2.1.1 (in relation to 2.2) is another topic. but it should work - and that's exactly the reason why we need your help, everyone who has encountered save and load bugs should try the new version please and tell us about any problems that are saving and loading related (not this topic please - the sticky thread)

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2007, 07:27:26 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks to mattn (and other contributors) for their hard work.

Out of interest - have you gone all the way an implemented a serializer?

Offline yuenkong

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 02:03:05 am »
I've the same issue that's is can not load the save game in the version 2.1 (about 10% ?) I'm using windows ME.

Eemeli

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 11:19:52 am »
I used to have the save game problem, but now after reinstalling 2.1 the game seems to work. I'll keep saving in two different slots every other time so that if the other one bugs I'll still have my game playable.

Escilo

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2007, 12:56:29 pm »
Hi gamers, congratulations for the game.

I have two problems. First, I have the 2.1 version installed and at the begining I couldn't load a saved game. After some time, I saved another game and now it's working.

Second, I see things like kerrblade.txt instead the articles of the ufopedia.

Regards.

Eemeli

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007, 11:24:00 pm »
Check this for the language problem.

The saving bugs randomly. I'm right now using two slots to save game, and I'll try to load it after each save. Mostly it works, but sometimes the save game doesn't work, so I'll have to load the other slot and continue. Then I save agains and it works.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2007, 08:47:15 am »
Eemeli, Escilo and yuenkong.

The save game bug is largely fixed in the current version (at least in my experience). See the sticky testinstaller thread at the top of "bugs and f...". or wait for the next release (coming 1st May, I think).

Note that you will have to start again. The savegame code was worked on hard (mainly by mattn, I think). So savegames between versions are not compatible.