project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't load Savegame  (Read 18969 times)

Garfield667

Can't load Savegame
« on: April 05, 2007, 02:16:07 pm »
Hello, sorry if this has been cleared before but i have looked it up here and in the wiki and found similar, but not fitting topics.

The problem is: if i try to load a savegame it seems to work/load, but i can't get into the global mode to continue gaming. The "fortsetzen" button is missing. So I can only go back to the main menu and quit.

I am using the latest Version of UFOai, downloaded some 3 days ago, on a Windows XP, P4 with a Radeon 9600Pro.

Hopefully I overlooked some solution for it would be tough waiting for the finished project. Very promising and well done!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:38:41 pm »
is there any output on the game console?

open it with the ^-key or shift+esc

Garfield667

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 05:49:02 pm »
it says something like: unable to load campign slot 0; unknown stage.
changing to singleplayer

I will try to save multiple slots now, to see if this is exclusively on slot 0 or on all slots.
Schönen Tag noch und viel Erfolg!

Eemeli

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 11:39:22 pm »
Quote from: "Garfield667"
it says something like: unable to load campign slot 0; unknown stage.
changing to singleplayer

I'm having the exactly same problem.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 08:29:37 am »
Maybe it is stupid question, but do you both use the savegame from current version? For sure not from the other version of the game (you saved before)?

playmobil

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 11:55:27 am »
I'm also facing a problem with savegames on XP. It happens with savegames from the last version

Garfield667

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 01:29:25 pm »
I have sadly never played a previous version of UFOai. The savegame is from the current version.

Also if it is of use, there are still people to hire, stuff to buy etc. nothing strange has occured during the game. I played 2 missions without any crashes or glitches, after that the savegame can't be loaded. I saved in the worldmap with no events (UFO sightings etc.) going on.

Eemeli

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 01:36:05 pm »
Quote from: "Garfield667"
I have sadly never played a previous version of UFOai. The savegame is from the current version.

Also if it is of use, there are still people to hire, stuff to buy etc. nothing strange has occured during the game. I played 2 missions without any crashes or glitches, after that the savegame can't be loaded. I saved in the worldmap with no events (UFO sightings etc.) going on.

All the things are exactly the same in my save game too. So the same version and nothing weird.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 01:41:39 pm »
Did you build hospital in your bases?

playmobil

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 02:25:04 pm »
Since it happens with many savegames, I cannot say if there was an hospital in each one, but I'm sure it was the case in some of them.

kafka

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 02:26:06 pm »
Hi,

I've exactly the same problem. I downloaded the game yesterday and installed without problems. I had no previous version installed before.
I had absolutely no problems playing the game. Great game btw, thank you.
Unfortunately I'm not able to load my save game. In the ufoconsole.log file it says

CL_CampaignActivateStage: stage '. ' not found.
Unable to load campaign 'slot0', unknown stage '. '
Changing to Singleplayer
Savefile version 6 detected
Global data loaded - size (null)u bytes
...techs: 134
...buildings: 18
...ranks: 8
...nations: 8

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Can't load Savegame
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 02:32:55 pm »
Thanks for all your reports and feedback, people. For sure there is something wrong with saving game process (or loading) - not everything is being parsed correctly, it seems. The strange thing is that for sure works two-three days before release, I heavily tested everything. Currently I am out of ideas what can cause this, but that kind of issue for sure has to be solved for 2.1.1 release (which is mainly designed for bugfixing, no new features).

Maybe you can experiment more in various ways. Try to not build/produce/research anything in bases, but go to missions, save, load, check whether bug still occurs. Then try to narrow things a bit. Try to unhire all personel, let several missions pass through and then save/load (maybe autoheal feature?). Try to finish the missions without being injured (/killteam 7 in the console kills alien team). And so on.

At this point any feedback would be helpful.

kafka

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 03:03:17 pm »
hi,

well, I had finished my first mission this morning when I saved last. The prior saves worked. Since it is my first game, I didn't do too much. I only made some changes to the equipment, I did not purchase any new buildings, started the first research project (laser tech), and ordered some items for production. I saved a few times before without any problems. After the first mission this morning I got some alien items to analyse. After the mission I just equipped one soldier with a new armor produced. Finally I quit. May be it's related to the alien items.

smxdd

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 03:40:13 pm »
May be this will be usefull. Savegame may load if I click Alt+Shift before write the name of savegame. In this case letters remain english, but such save can load: sometimes load game, sometimes desktop  :) .

P.S. Sory for bad english.

Kris

Can't load Savegame
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 07:11:09 pm »
Yes, I confirm. There is a bug in loading or saving game.

Sys: WinXP SP1

It occurs when I want to load saved game - After click to Load button it backs to options screen... There is more - it occurs on EVERY saved game! So, I must start from beginning, because I could not load any saved game.

It's very annoying when I have plasma cannon, nano-armor and I must start from nothing again... :)

You've done a great job... I may help with polish translation.

Regards,
K.