project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Plz. include corresponding abilities in weapon description  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I've DLed and tested the new release last weekend, and one thing that really bugs me now that there is a broader variety of weapons available than in the initial releases is that there is no way I can tell what ability is influencing their use. Not even in the Ufopedia.
I mean e.g. is the use of a grenade launcher(or the rocket launcher) influenced by the soldier's ability score in explosives or heavy weapons?
So my feature request would be:
That you include a hint in the weapon's discription by which ability score it's use is influenced.

And one other thing:
How do I change the game's language? Though I'm playing it on a german Windows version I'd rather play the game in english.

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Plz. include corresponding abilities in weapon description
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:46:13 am »
Never mind the description thingy. Just found the info in the Wiki. DUH!

Still the question concerning language remains.

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:53:31 am »
The weapon class sometimes depends on the firing mode (primary/secondary/...), so it is given in the object properties tab of the _ammo_ in the equip screen (I hope I remember that right). No need to look in the wiki everytime.

I am sure the language issue has been dicussed in this forum, use the search function. And I think theres information in the wiki, too.

[/u]

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:13:15 pm »
Found it.