project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Medals, heroes and others  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Medals, heroes and others
« on: February 26, 2007, 05:16:50 pm »
I have a few  ides :¨
1.soldiers can recive medals for mission performance (and purple heart for wounded soldiers!), adding small boost to skills
2.soldires can recieve special "perk" by random, but only in certain situations e.q. perk sharpshoter add relative big bonus to sniping, but soldier mus have few good shots (e.q. under 5% 2 hits), hero - e.q only one soldier (of 8) surive raid of horde of aliens, and this perk give (two times) recruting bonus - creating of hero inspire common peoples to join army to be heroes (you get e.q. 3 soldiers for free), second times bonus is if hero is KIA, peoples want revenge. And of course, if hero is in squad, then certain bonus to morale is applied. But certain perks mus be allowed only if playr recive causalties (like hero) to prevent non-causalties save/load/restart missions.

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 10:31:06 pm »
Hmm, no replyies ?  :(

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 02:37:32 pm »
In some future versions the medals subsystem will be for sure reimplemented and/or extended. The "purple heart" medal is certainly nice idea. Thanks for your suggestions.

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:38:33 pm »
I get another idea- multileveled bases - simply you can buy another level of base (for price of cca 1/2 of new base).
Simply - to have more room ( I love to have all-in-one - one main base - named HQ - and perform here all - research, manufacture, tranport ships, and second bases are only "listening/interecpting" points, and often run out-ouf space problem.
And this will be more realistic - no one want to live/work nex to powerplant or somethin like that.  My idea is to have "living" upper flor - hospitals, living rooms, labs..etc and "mainitenance/storage" second level (with limited acces) - full of powerplants/stores and alien containment facility to kill-chance of allien escape. And to store here others high-risk stuff.
BTW- this my concept will need first main base to be auto multi-level or need lot of money to rebuil.

DoomWarrior

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 08:40:39 pm »
Quote from: "Czert"
multileveled bases.

you meen more floors per base? It would confuse me  :oops:

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:56:44 pm »
Yes.  :wink:

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 08:48:41 pm »
and another - flags (and coresponding names) for soldiers/scientist etc. - I know this add no value to game, but player can have feel of control of truly international force, if have 16 soldiers from 14 different countries in squad.
Please, add your option about this idea.

And another - plese lift recruting limit os scientists and others supoort staff and increase (basic) recruiting limit of soldiers , yes I know it based on hapiness of countries, but if initial alien invasion surived over 1M (i dont known exact numbers, but after reading some  info, i this this is posible in game story) of soldiers,  then only if 8 soldier per mohnt are capable/voluntered to serve in phalanx....then is is lover tnam 0,....null null null nothing of soldiers. And this is realy strange. IMHO if normals soldiers are not capable of serving in phalanx, then soldiers of special forces (spetsnaz, rangers, seal, sas, sbs..etc) sure.

The Dude

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 06:27:24 pm »
I like the idea of flags. I stumbled across the following site with small GIFs of national flags some time ago

http://users.skynet.be/hermandw/fl/smalgifs.html

The author is offering his works for free mainly to webpages. If he agrees to use them in the game, there should be not too much work (hopefully).

Offline tempsanity

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 12:01:40 pm »
Yes, flags would be cool.

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 02:28:37 pm »
For devs - please, say your option/chance about multi-leveled bases and flags to be in game.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 07:05:58 pm »
multi-leveled bases - very low probability - because the brushcount would increase a lot. a full assembled base has already quiet a lot.

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 05:45:24 pm »
Hmm, but in which place is exact problem ? It will be shown only one level of base at moment, is not need to count two levels similateonsly (I think).
This game - http://www.xforce-online.de/index.php - is multileveled with practicaly no difference (cpu usage) between one and multi-level. You can talk with author about metod of making multileveled bases.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 06:36:09 pm »
there will always be brushes that have to be visible from the upper levels, too

image a stair - we have to see the lower room, too - even if that's not the current level. otherwise it would look ugly.

neomunk

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 03:30:39 am »
Czert: Have you gotten to the portion of the game yet where aliens invade your base?  That's where the problems would start to come in, the base on the tactical combat screen is far FAR more complicated than the worldview base screen, and already multilevel.  Converting a multilevel base into a playable terrain would make the map too big to play and probably too big for most computers to handle.

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 05:10:39 pm »
Mattn : I see not problem, if stairs have cca 1/2 of size of 1 room, then we will need only draw stairs in second floor, nothing more (ithers rooms are separated by wall). And if we use only lifts, then we completly avoid this problem (more rendering).

neomunk: I think combats in multi-leveled base will be less chaotical than combat in mines and smaller than in ships missions in TFTD.  :wink:
And if computer is no so powerfull ? Then lover details/resolution or base.  :lol:  Mayby some  optimization in game code can help (and always is way to improve it). But I not sayng code is slow or bad.