project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No Text when starting in Windows 10 THIRD POST  (Read 960 times)

Offline weregobbie

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
No Text when starting in Windows 10 THIRD POST
« on: October 18, 2022, 07:49:01 pm »
So, as the other two posts went unanswered with no clear fix so far, I will bring it up again to see if anyone here is alive and kicking.

Firstly, this bug is now no longer just with 2.5, as I went back to 2.4 with the same issue. Someone a few years ago botched the language pack it seems, as NONE of the language settings or fonts are showing up. I get the blocks and buttons, with no font/words. Just like in the previous two posts of the same issue.

Now, I know when I last played 2.4 that this was not a bug that was happening at the time. I have restarted the game, I have reloaded both versions, I have used command prompts in the game to force load english. None of these things have worked.

I would like to know why there isn't follow ups on the previous post after asking for the system info and files.

Offline weregobbie

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: No Text when starting in Windows 10 THIRD POST
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 07:51:04 pm »
Also, I did try to run this program using compatibility for windows 7 and 8 as well, and tried using the different options for video changes to make sure it might have been a compatibility issue. Now, when I last played the game, it was on this computer where it didn't have this issue, and I did run it as well on a more newer computer. So yeah.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 07:19:26 pm »
Not sure which previous post you are referring to. Some ideas on what could have gone wrong:

* Having multiple versions installed at a time is not supported.
 Files mixed from various versions can cause issues

* Intel GMA sometimes have weird graphics issues.
  Playing with settings, like texture compression may help, but there is no guarantee. Intel's OpenGL implementation was quite bad as I remember.

If neither of these helps you can check the ufoconsole.log for issues, pastebin it to ask some help - but, again we may or may not be able to help. We don't have your setup and not developing graphics card drivers..

-geever

Offline thecookieprince

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 08:54:56 pm »
I have the same issue. First time player.