project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Framecap  (Read 21770 times)

Offline Rallehop

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Framecap
« on: July 20, 2019, 01:44:00 am »
Hi everyone! Been looking for my fix of xcom-likes and this is one of the few i haven't tried - im eager to give it a shot  ;D

But i find that tthe framerate seems to be capped at 43.5 fps? I have searched the files for any potential configurations including something like framecaps but have been unsuccessful - searches on the forums here reference a "cl_maxpfs cvar" but i haven
't been able to locate any such things in my folders.

I would like to uncap the framerate or at the very least, raise the cap to my monitors refresh rate. Hope someone out there can help.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Framecap
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:14:20 pm »
Hi everyone! Been looking for my fix of xcom-likes and this is one of the few i haven't tried - im eager to give it a shot  ;D

But i find that tthe framerate seems to be capped at 43.5 fps? I have searched the files for any potential configurations including something like framecaps but have been unsuccessful - searches on the forums here reference a "cl_maxpfs cvar" but i haven
't been able to locate any such things in my folders.

I would like to uncap the framerate or at the very least, raise the cap to my monitors refresh rate. Hope someone out there can help.

cl_maxfps is indeed a console variable, you can start the game with a command line option
Code: [Select]
ufo +set cl_maxfps 120or edit your config.cfg. The location of your config.cfg depends on your Operating System, see our FAQ or a hint.

I hope it helps.

-geever