Technical support > Bugs in development version (2.6-dev)

Problem in the logic of the game

(1/1)

Atanase:
Hello,

I have 14 living aliens in 3 bases with Alien Containment.
As it is enough for the research, my 3 more bases don't have that facility. Why must I pay for a useless facility ?
Unfortunately, during one operation, my sniper didn't kill an alien but just stunt it.
When my Firebird returns to its base the system says that there is a problem with this stunted alien.

I can't kill the alien.
I have no time to construct an Alien Containment.
I can't reroute the Firebird to another base with Alien Containment, no space in the Dropship Hangar.
So I can do nothing.

The only way I found is to save the game, patch the saved game directly by hand and reload. It is not very nice.

I think that in this case, it could be good to have the choice to kill the alien in the Firebird as we can do if we have an Alien Containment full.
Or directly the system could kill it as it do for the first alien before the research of breathing

geever:
Hello

--- Quote from: Atanase on December 10, 2019, 05:20:36 pm ---I have 14 living aliens in 3 bases with Alien Containment.
As it is enough for the research, my 3 more bases don't have that facility. Why must I pay for a useless facility ?

--- End quote ---

For 14 aliens you need 2 ACs, s one's capacity is 10. You don't need more at this stage of your campaign.

--- Quote from: Atanase on December 10, 2019, 05:20:36 pm ---Unfortunately, during one operation, my sniper didn't kill an alien but just stunt it.
When my Firebird returns to its base the system says that there is a problem with this stunted alien.

I can't kill the alien.
I have no time to construct an Alien Containment.
I can't reroute the Firebird to another base with Alien Containment, no space in the Dropship Hangar.
So I can do nothing.

--- End quote ---

If you get a capacity warning that blocks the campaign flow, you should be able to Transfer the alien to another base which have free AC capacity. I believe if there is no free AC capacity anywhere the alien should be autokilled. If there is no free capacity worldwide - and the alien isn't killed, you could try killing an alien on another base, so you can transfer this one there (not ideal, but at least needs no manual save-hacking).

Anyway, thanks for reporting, If you could create a ticket on our issue tracker with your blocked savegame, or at least upload it here I could look into the issue. I'm pretty sure that the process can be made a lot user-friendlier. :)

<br/>
-geever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version