project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cant open save games  (Read 2830 times)

Harvester

Cant open save games
« on: December 20, 2006, 08:53:30 pm »
Hello.. Great game! I was always a fan of XCOM and this rocks!

I seem to be having a hard time opening save games.. It seems to save OK, and when I select load, I see the game I saved.. except it wont load.. I click on it nothing happens, nothing changes.. its stuck! Am I missing something here or is this a bug ??

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Cant open save games
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:06:45 pm »
which version are you using? the savegames can not be copied from one version to another - if you update e.g. from rc5 to rc6 your savegames are broken

Harvester

Cant open save games
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 10:34:32 pm »
I installed RC 6  SCN following directions posted here, downloaded and compiled following instructions somewhere on this forum 2 days ago, and its my first time ever trying to save and load..

ubequitz

Cant open save games
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 09:25:21 am »
Harvester,

By "RC6 SVN" do you mean you checked out the RC6 tagged version from SVN or did you grab a snapshot of 2.0 branch? If you are indeed compiling RC6 try updating to 2.0 stable and testing game/save load in that, there was a bug that might affect save/load for AMD64 users in RC6 but it has since been fixed. Also what operating system are you using?

Harvester

Cant open save games
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 10:47:58 pm »
I am running gentoo linux on amd64 4800x2, with 2xnvidia 7600gt... I installed following instructions found in this forum

http://ufo.myexp.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=797

I have tried downloading  ufoai-2.0-rc6-source.tar.bz2 when i first tried installing and it would complain about not finding a map in a folder that didnt exist.. so i went to the forum and followed the above links instructions..

Harvester

Cant open save games
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 12:18:12 am »
Ok i got it  all fixed.. found other instructions on the wiki and they worked!

thanks for your time, sorry for bothering you, ill try to look harder next time before bothering you :)