project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: First Complete *Textured* 3D Model that doesn't look like total crap...  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
I actually had a surprisingly good amount of spare time today, and aside from working on gunshot sounds I finally figured out the "bake" function in Blender and now can texture models much more easily, as well as the fact that they look much better now.

Here's a simple combat helicopter I made from scratch, although since I don't really know much about how helicopters work I wouldn't be surprised if it has some unrealistic features or is missing something...

I didn't really make this specifically for UFO:AI, which is why it is in the off-topic forum, but if anyone here wants the Blender source file and included texture - for this game or any other project - just ask and I'll send it or post the model somewhere for download.

...Of course, if anyone who knows about aircraft wants to give constructive criticism or simple feedback on it, for anything the model should have but doesn't, feel free to speak up.

With this skill I could probably also build much better new soldier models for this project sometime in the future.

[attachment deleted by admin]

odie

I actually had a surprisingly good amount of spare time today, and aside from working on gunshot sounds I finally figured out the "bake" function in Blender and now can texture models much more easily, as well as the fact that they look much better now.

Here's a simple combat helicopter I made from scratch, although since I don't really know much about how helicopters work I wouldn't be surprised if it has some unrealistic features or is missing something...

I didn't really make this specifically for UFO:AI, which is why it is in the off-topic forum, but if anyone here wants the Blender source file and included texture - for this game or any other project - just ask and I'll send it or post the model somewhere for download.

...Of course, if anyone who knows about aircraft wants to give constructive criticism or simple feedback on it, for anything the model should have but doesn't, feel free to speak up.

With this skill I could probably also build much better new soldier models for this project sometime in the future.

Ooooo..... I like the look and feel of it.
Looks pleasant enough to my eyes....

And surely will look forward to the new soldier texture u will propose.... :P
(PS: And pray tat u will have TONS of free time more! :P)