project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Equip Armor?  (Read 2373 times)

deltran

Equip Armor?
« on: February 12, 2009, 02:45:43 am »
I recently stumbled into this game and I can't figure out:
How do I equip alien armor?

I've researched that and the next tier armor (the green stuff), but when I go to equip the craft, all I see is the combat armor I bought/manufactured.
I'm not a tactical mastermind; my duded get shot often and I need them to stop dying.  How do you get the alien armor to appear in your equip soldier screen?

Offline Lew Yard

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Equip Armor?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 02:52:43 am »
Alien armor:  You don't.

Nanocomposite:  It'll show up once you either make or buy some, and it's in the same base as the troops you're equipping.

odie

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:48:40 am »
Hi deltran,

FYI, "Nanocomposite_Armour" is the green armor you are probably referring to. It is already a working model be it in the stable 2.2 version, or the current 2.3-development stage models.

There is however 4 pre-requisites to be met before this armor actually protects your soldiers.
1) You will need to kill an alien and recover a piece of "Alien Armor"

That i believed u have already.

2) This allows for research into the armor which gives rise to a new research: Nanocomposite Armour

This you must research (which was not clear in your post). To research, you will need enough laboratory labs space, and have recruited scientists for the job. The more, the faster it will be done.

3) Next, you will actually need to produce the Nanocomposite Armour. This is done by queuing it in the workshop, and with valid recruited workers. Of course u can take forever (abt 1 month i think) for it to 'appear' in the market for purchase, but a better bet is to just manufacture them.

4) Last, you will have to equip the soldiers in the equipment screen (under aircraft menu).

There, hope this will increase your soldiers' survivability rate.

deltran

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:01:05 am »
Thanks to the both of you!

I knew I had a lot of Alien Armor, but I didn't know that it wasn't equipable.
I did the research for Nanocomposite Armor and just assumed that I had some in storage; I went to the equipment screen and of course I wouldn't see it :)

Thanks again!