project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Couple of small annoyances on Geoscape  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Kenner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Couple of small annoyances on Geoscape
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:16:30 pm »
Running r20247 of 2.3 dev (Windows OS). I have a couple of minor annoyances that it would be nice to get fixed when you get a chance:

1. When you put the mouse cursor on the time accelarate arrow to speed up time, and spin the mousewheel, the hint bubble (I think that the right term) obsures the actual time setting, so you can't actually see how much you have sped time up by.

2. When you build a new base in some areas, the text for the base name is intermixed with the text for name of the continent (both in white lettering), and it's impossible to read either. It would be nice if one or the other could be moved so it would be possible to read both. Alternatively, I'm more interested in the base name, so you could just hide the continent name.

Ken

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of small annoyances on Geoscape
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:14:04 am »
Hello,

I bounced on your comments to make some proposals (more than little fix :-D)

1) i hope we will soon use another approach to change the game speed, as we can see on original UFO games. We also can see it on this proposal http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Image:Geoscape5.jpg. Maybe with it, we will no more have overlay.

2) more and more i think i will be nice to have a popup for the geoscape configuration, it will be easy to the user to request to hide label... an auto layout of labels is something much more hard.