project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Re-assigning morons.  (Read 4527 times)

jhcook1999

Re-assigning morons.
« on: October 05, 2006, 10:14:49 am »
I really can't find this anywhere, but I would like to help this game out if I could.  I don't mean to sound negative with this, but it didn't make sense to me when I did this.

I started a new game a few hours ago, and I was pretty pissed.  I had this one Soldier, his mind was almost as good as the three stats above it COMBINED, (I don't remember them off of the top of my head), it was like 77 for his mind and the others totaled 83.  And most of my scientists had Pathetic as the rating for mind attributes, but the other stats were nice.  I think a minimum number for their specialty stat would be helpful, (ie have a 50 rating as a minimum for Scientists' mind attribute).  I read that they're supposed to start with one stat higher than the others, but I don't recall an official minimum being set.

Also that one soldier with the 77 mind rating, started out with a HAND GRENADE as the equipped weapon in his hands.  I had plenty of other weapons, but he chose a hand grenade as his primary........ :?

"Look at me, I have 3 hand grenades, and a combat knife, friendly fire, here I COME!!!!"  :lol:

And yes this was with the latest release, my old saves were incompatable, so I had to start anew and there they were.

ubequitz

Re-assigning morons.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:49:27 am »
If you are playing trunk SVN then currently one of the issues with it is poor initial equipment selection (including soldiers carrying ammo for weapons they don't have). This will get fixed eventually...

If you are playing RC5 then you were probably very unlucky since things should work ok there...  :?:

I dont think the stats of the scientists currently impact the rate at which research is done (not yet anyway).

jhcook1999

Re-assigning morons.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 09:35:44 pm »
Quote from: "ubequitz"
If you are playing RC5 then you were probably very unlucky since things should work ok there...  :?:

As I'm quite unfamiliar with SVN, I don't use it, I was using the latest RC released on September 27 I do believe.

Irinami

Re-assigning morons.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 06:57:07 pm »
I can't stand the auto-selection personally, especially for the first handful of missions, and strongly recommend reassigning the default loadouts. Your people are pretty crappy, yet so many of them think they're snipers. I always slap their hands and say, "No! Bad!"  :lol: 2 of them, if they have 70's in Accuracy and Assault Guns, get Assault Rifles. The rest get a mix of Shotguns and SMG's, depending on their Heavy Weapons and Assault Guns ratings. Flamethrowers are too short-ranged to be worth their admirable damage, and Sniper Rifles take too many TU's to be worth their accuracy and damage, at least at the start.

Offline pete.lindsey@hotmail.com

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re-assigning morons.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 05:13:57 pm »
I have noted generally worthless recruits at the start of each game, it seems to be by design

Irinami

Re-assigning morons.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 12:35:40 am »
Would be good if unhired personnell are replaced the next hiring cycle. Give 'em the old, "Don't call us, we'll call you" routine and look for someone new. That would reduce the "need" for a longer hiring screen.

Nevyn

Re-assigning morons.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 01:45:44 pm »
Quote from: "Irinami"
Would be good if unhired personnell are replaced the next hiring cycle. Give 'em the old, "Don't call us, we'll call you" routine and look for someone new. That would reduce the "need" for a longer hiring screen.

Or just an option to dismiss them "Hire" "Leave as is" "Dismiss"
So you can keep some on call that your not sure if you want yet but might want later, but get rid of any you really don't want.
But a completly fresh list is a good idea also, as that would represent those soldiers getting pooled back into the regular army.