project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Error saving game in 2.0-RC5  (Read 3122 times)

[S|G]

Error saving game in 2.0-RC5
« on: October 01, 2006, 09:04:16 am »
I had just finished researching kerr blade and the production of 30 assault rifle clips. Also, I had just arrived from a mission (the one in the mines) if that is relevant. Then I was going to save the game and got this:

Code: [Select]

==== ShutdownGame ====
CL_GameResultsCmd
Campaign 'slot0' saved.
Research of "rs_weapon_kerrblade" finished.
SDL audio device shut down.
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request: 134
  Minor opcode of failed request: 10
  Serial number of failed request: 240152
recursive shutdown
Error: SZ_GetSpace: overflow without allowoverflow set

ubequitz

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 12:34:41 pm »
This is really useful info that will hopefully help us fix: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1568183&group_id=157793&atid=805242

This bug doesnt seem to happen in 2.1 dev or SVN trunk though which is interesting.

[S|G]

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 07:02:31 pm »
I decided to load the game at a previous state and try to reproduce what happened: I arrived from the mission at base and saved. Then research was finished and I saved again. Production completed and.... saved.

I went back to the first save. I arrived from mission and didn't save this time. Research completed... production completed. Then I saved and... error.

I guess it only happens when you have a lot of variables to be saved.

ubequitz

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:17:32 pm »
Or it is related to saving/restoring research dependencies. Thanks for the leads (I'm going to switch to the "2.0" version to track this bug down soon).

bart

Error code found
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 06:31:48 am »
I am playing on a Windows 2000 machine 1.7Ghz, 256Mb ram. Card is Geoforce2. I am playing rc5, on very easy. I am an experienced xcom  1&2 player, and I want to see everything.

I have played 22 singleplayer missions bug free, and am tootling along seeing and researching lots of stuff. Nice work!

I have a pattern of saving after each mission, and using the naming convention bx, where x is the sequential number of the mission. So when I finished mission 22 I saved, and the game crashed and left a dialouge box "SZ_GetSpace: overflow without alloverflow set".

I have this error box saved as a jpg. This error is persistant, and happens each time I play the mission and then save. It also occurs when I save straight after loading.

When I loaded back to b14, that loaded fine.

I hope this information is of value. I am looking through the forums, and looking for ways to help :) I really hope this project goes all the way, I love the game and like how everything looks so far :)

Kummi

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 09:35:11 am »
Hallo,

bin neu hier und möchte mal in deutsch antworten.

Ich denke mal, dass ich eine vorübergehende Lösung für das Save-Game-Prob habe:

Nachdem ihr gespeichert habt (z.B. Slot1, Name X) und wieder angefangen habt den alten Spielstand (X) zu spielen, dann öffnet mit der Windows-Logo-Taste den Desktop, geht in den save-Ordner und löscht den gespeicherten Spielstand (Slot1) einfach. Dann wieder ins Spiel und ihr könnt wieder abspeichern. Muss halt jedesmal wiederholt werden, aber man kann wenigstens speichern.