project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: The utter BS that is Reaction Fire  (Read 1911 times)

Offline hellno

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
The utter BS that is Reaction Fire
« on: August 21, 2010, 01:47:04 am »
So there I was, one enemy left in that parking garage map...

On level six, I saw one Taman moved its FULL movement from the north west corner down to the south west corner, stopping right before two of my guys as the alien ran out of action points.

So guess what happened next turn?

I knew combat was about to end because this was the last enemy.  So I had one guy on level TWO in the opposite side of the building use a med kit on a soldier next to him.  As soon as he used the med kit, that Taman 2 floors above somehow magically fired FOUR TIMES killing my guy that he was standing in front of that he didn't have the TUs to shoot before.

Let me ask the game designer(s) this :

1.  How the HELL did the Taman manage to reserve TUs for Reaction Fire in his next turn when he was totally out of TUs in the first place?
2.  If the Taman somehow HAD TUs left (which he doesn't because I observed his start and end point with another soldier), he would have fired upon my guys instead of ending his turn, now wouldn't he?
3.  How the HELL did the Taman on level SIX get a chance to react when my guy on the level TWO used a medkit on a friend?
4.   No matter how hard I try, MY marines never ever in a million years can get magical reaction fires like this.  WHY the doubel standard?

I am SO GLAD I didn't pay money for this. 

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: The utter BS that is Reaction Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:25:06 am »
thanks for the feedback - but instead of crying you should maybe just contribute to fix those problems.

Offline hellno

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: The utter BS that is Reaction Fire
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:36:48 am »
thanks for the feedback - but instead of crying you should maybe just contribute to fix those problems.

First, reporting a problem IS part of contributing to fixing the problem.  Second, if you want someone to help more than that, characterize them as 'crying' is exactly the most unproductive way to get what you want.  I registered the forum account just to report something that really bugged me, and I would have been perfectly willing to spend time to help identify or help resolve the issue, but not now.  Rather ironic that came from a moderator, someone who should know better.  See ya, I'm out.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:45:49 am by hellno »