project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Ammunition for Particle Beam Weapon  (Read 4963 times)

Turnvater

Ammunition for Particle Beam Weapon
« on: August 27, 2009, 02:15:18 pm »
how do i get the ammo?
i´ve produced several of these weapons, but there´s no possibility to build the ammo for ´em...
plz help!

greets

Offline Imposeren

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Ammunition for Particle Beam Weapon
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:20:22 pm »
Only way to get them is to pick them up on battlefield

Turnvater

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 05:05:04 pm »
will i get it by solving landed ufo missions?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 05:18:50 pm »
First: What you're speaking about? The aircraft weapon or the man-portable particle beam?
Second: Which version do you play?

-geever

Turnvater

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 07:14:14 pm »
there is only one particle beam weapon. and this unit is applied to the ship
i´m playin version 2.2.1

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 10:11:31 pm »
Okay, it's not working in 2.2.1.

-geever

odie

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00:45 am »
there is only one particle beam weapon. and this unit is applied to the ship
i´m playin version 2.2.1

Hi Turnvater,

Its not working in 2.2.1.

Try the latest development builts of 2.3. Its working there already. But expect alot of other bugs instead, since devs are still working on it. But u can expect TONS of new features. :D

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 03:30:21 am »
Hi Turnvater,

Its not working in 2.2.1.

Try the latest development builts of 2.3. Its working there already. But expect alot of other bugs instead, since devs are still working on it. But u can expect TONS of new features. :D

and... you're sure about that? I researched particle beam pistols in r26082 but still can't use them because of missing and non-producable magazines...

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 10:00:06 am »
and... you're sure about that? I researched particle beam pistols in r26082 but still can't use them because of missing and non-producable magazines...

You're speaking about two different things. In 2.2.1 aircraft particle weapon was not working. That's working in 2.3-dev already. For man-portable particle beam weapons (worked in 2.2.1 too) you can't produce ammo, it's beyond our technology (If you had read the research text you would have known.) You have to capture ammo from aliens.

-geever

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 02:37:25 am »
You're speaking about two different things. In 2.2.1 aircraft particle weapon was not working. That's working in 2.3-dev already. For man-portable particle beam weapons (worked in 2.2.1 too) you can't produce ammo, it's beyond our technology (If you had read the research text you would have known.) You have to capture ammo from aliens.

-geever

guess i wasn't really clear with what i meant. I do have more than 100 "pistol particle accelerator"s (odd naming for ammo...) but i can't select them in the equip screen. I can only equip the pistol without ammunition. (see the screenshot, no ammo next to the pistol) Even if i can't produce it my people should be able to put it into the pistol at home. Atm i'd really have to get the ammo on the battlefield by shooting an alien and taking it from his body... not likely how it's meant to be ;)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 08:58:22 am »
guess i wasn't really clear with what i meant. I do have more than 100 "pistol particle accelerator"s (odd naming for ammo...) but i can't select them in the equip screen. I can only equip the pistol without ammunition. (see the screenshot, no ammo next to the pistol) Even if i can't produce it my people should be able to put it into the pistol at home. Atm i'd really have to get the ammo on the battlefield by shooting an alien and taking it from his body... not likely how it's meant to be ;)

Got it. Checked the scripts and found that all the three (man-portable) particle beam weapons need to be researched to be able to research the ammo.

-geever

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 12:48:53 pm »
Oh, there are others? I'm 7 months into the game now, but all i got is the pistol...