Personal tools

Poll

JUNTANDO GENTE QUE HABLA ESPA

??
0 (0%)
??
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: EXCELENTE!!!  (Read 5283 times)

Guillermo_Perrone

EXCELENTE!!!
« on: May 26, 2008, 05:05:18 am »
Qued

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: EXCELENTE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 09:59:41 pm »
Hi there,

Do you not know English?

I ran your post through a language detector which told me most of your post was in Spanish, although part of it was in Turkish, with one word in Portuguese (according to the translator, which I admit isn't perfect).

The parts I could make out come out as "Board people who speak (Untranslatable)." said as an interrogative statement (a question).

If I'm guessing right, it sounds like you are asking for people in this forum who speak your (non-English) language.

We have people from all around the world post in this forum, although most of us communicate in English in these posts.

If you are trying to talk to us and don't know English too well, you can try Google's online service:

http://translate.google.com/

It isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing, and better than hoping for another forum member to come along who knows your language.

Myself, I only know American English and bits and pieces of German.

I hope this helps!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:42:03 pm »
What, doesn't his post just say "Qued"? I don't get anything else.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:51:42 pm »
Well, "JUNTANDO GENTE QUE HABLA" means "Board people who speak" (Shown as the topic of the poll) and "ESPA" is a word I can't translate with the online tools, although Google thinks it is Turkish.  "Qued" is thought by the online translator to mean "remain" although it could be a different word in Spanish with a different meaning.

I'm guessing this person wants to talk to us and is asking for help but hit the wrong button, accidentally posting as a poll - please also note the question marks as the poll options - I think they managed to register but couldn't quite find their way around the menu options to post properly so it came out as a poll.

Given that most of the poll question was in Spanish, this person must know at least some of the Spanish language, therefore someone who knows variants of the Spanish language may be able to figure out what all of it means.

(Don't look at just the post content - please also notice the subject line and content of the "poll."  It's listed right above the post, I'm guessing you accidentally missed it.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 10:53:52 pm by Destructavator »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 12:17:34 am »
Maybe you're right. We sometimes get people on the channel who want to speak Spanish too. Don't they speak English in Spain? I know popi did.

ufogio

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 09:00:19 pm »
It's spanish.
This forum seems to be not configured properly, so it chops automatically the posts when it encounters a letter that is not in the standard english alphabet.
If you look at the archives, or try to write a phrase with an accent in it, you will see.

The original title of this topic could have been 'juntando gente que habla espanol' (with this letter instead of n), which means something like "let's create a group of people who speak spanish".

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:10:13 pm by ufogio »

maguido

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 08:38:53 pm »
Umm
I am brazilian,but I talk spanish too..
Here we would call it "portunhol"
a mix of portuguese and spanish
I dont talk turkish but I dont think thats there any turkish in there
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 08:41:01 pm by maguido »