project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Winstall.exe - helpp!!  (Read 4115 times)

alisaselez

Winstall.exe - helpp!!
« on: December 16, 2006, 12:21:41 pm »
Hi
My computer was infected with a trojan virus today, from a link from someone on msn messenger. I ran AVG Free and the virus went to the vault, which i have deleted and all seems to be running fine now. however, i've had to vault it three times. when I restart, the virus seems to reappear. but my computer is running fine.

but...

there is an icon on my desktop titled winstall.exe which when scanned doesn't contain a virus, but I have just had a quick scan thru some stuff on the internet and get the idea that its a nasty little program that lets other nasty stuff infect my computer  I can't delete it, and in fact, am not sure if this is accurate and am a little worried its an important windows file i shouldnt be deleting at all.

I've now installed Avira Antivir as well, as a double up safety precaution, but no spyware detection programs as yet (I'm not even sure if I'm wording that correctly..)

help??
Thanks a lot

ubequitz

Winstall.exe - helpp!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 05:12:11 pm »
A Google search for winstall.exe revealed some interesting info, maybe it will help.

My recommendation: back up all your important data. If you suspect you have been hacked re-install your OS and apply all security updates (and consider switching to a more secure OS :D)