Technical support > Bugs in development version (2.6-dev)

Some fuzzy bugs, appearing simulteneously in current 2.6

<< < (3/3)

nick87720z:
Time to make it clear - problem around intel driver is due to GPU hang, as kernel log says.
Exact reason is, of course, not clear - someone confirmed it to be hardware bug, reproducing it with windows 10 bootable usb.
It seems, different intel gpu (sandybridge, skylake, etc) may have different hardware bugs, and in my case it's sandybridge, which seems to be enough old.

There's common way, how this bug appears during gameplay:
1. I have a freeze for few seconds, with common situation, that there's smoke in field (though could be also possible due to fire).
2. If camera doesn't move since 1st moment - it's certain, freezes will repeat. 3 freezes are enough for me to crash with batchbuffer problem.
3. What's interesting, it never happens in first move, no matter how much smoke I span - I had 6 of total 8 men with smoke in pockets, each with at least 2 in pockets. Smoked almost area around dropship (in total - I used all TU to just smoke), then left PC without action for number of minutes - no freeze during this time. Freezes started only on next turn, when I got bored of that and began to move soldiers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version