Technical support > Linux

Can't compile source with Arch Linux

<< < (2/3) > >>

geever:
Did you try searching for solution on our bugracker?

Patch#5632 seems to be the very same problem that you have. (The patch wasn't merged in because it fixes LUA detection on Arch but breaks it on other distros.)

-geever

cmmps:
Hi Geever! Long time! :)

That's exactly what I tried. I wrote it down on my post...  :P

Here:

--- Quote ---And it seems there is a patch uploaded into UFO AI Issue tracker here:
http://ufoai.org/bugs/ufoalieninvasion/issues/5632

--- End quote ---

I've been trying other ideas without success. It seems the only solution will be to downgrade Lua to 5.1.

Thanks anyway. :)
Cheers!

DarkRain:
Is it the same error if you use the --with-embedded-lua5.1 configure option?

Also: do you have lua 5.1 installed? (You should be able to install different versions at the same time)

cmmps:
Hi DarkRain, thanks.

Yes, I tried that parameter from a forum (check 4 messages above) but it also failed. And I do have Lua 5.1 installed under /usr/lib/lua5.1.

Meantime I tried to downgrade the package lua but I could not because I no longer can find 5.1 in Arch repo. A
nyway I'm willing to try to create a folder "5.3" and copy the lua files directly under /usr/lib to that folder and recreate them with symlinks to point to the files on the folder /usr/lib/lua5.1.
For the sake of my system upgrades I shall add "lua" to the "ignore packages" list on my pacman.conf file and avoid further lua updates and "file exists in filesystem" errors.

I've been away from home due to work but I'll try this by the weekend and I'll post the results.

Thanks again guys!

Carlos

DarkRain:
Yes, I saw you tried that above, what I wanted to know was if the error is the same as without the parameter. From the looks of it, the game library  is linking to a lua library that doesn't match the header, but if you're using the embedded lua it shouldn't be linking to lua at all, so I wanted to figure what's wrong there.

Also the output of "make Q= game" (without quotes, and notice the space between 'Q=' and 'game') might help figure what's going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version