project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Unplayable due to crashing while trying to display the earth  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Mandrache

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Unplayable due to crashing while trying to display the earth
« on: August 20, 2015, 09:59:55 am »
On all my saves the game crashes with a windows message. Starting a new campaign works fine. I have come quite far in the game. (Needler gun and hercules) These are saves I have previously loaded without problems.

I assume I won't be able to play it anymore, which is a shame since it is the best UFO game I've tried so far, and the only I've played without tactical saving. I guess I could try it on hard instead, but I'd expect it to bug out like standard did.

Offline Mandrache

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Unplayable due to crashing while trying to display the earth
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 10:48:22 am »
Seems like I've fixed it. I started a hard campaign and fiddled a bit before loading my game  ;D

EDIT: IT ONLY WORKED 1 TIME. i'm still screwed.

I'm on a laptop with win 10. I'd  guess that's part of the problem.

I don't know how to export or upload my savegames.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:54:42 pm by Mandrache »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:56:07 pm »
Which version of the game are you running? Where you got it? Which language are you playing in? You say you could load the saves before, does that mean that saves stop working after playing about the same in-game time, or even new saves from fresh campaigns don't work? What is the message you get?

You need to better describe the problem if we are to be able to help you.

Offline Mandrache

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 04:06:00 pm »
Which version of the game are you running? Where you got it? Which language are you playing in? You say you could load the saves before, does that mean that saves stop working after playing about the same in-game time, or even new saves from fresh campaigns don't work? What is the message you get?

You need to better describe the problem if we are to be able to help you.

I got it from sourceforge I realized. I fixed the problem by uploading it to the server and downloading onto my desktop win 7.
I played in English.
All saves stop working simultaneously. I imagine it's a combination of win 7 and no SSD.
I had to reset my password to get uploading to work. And now I can't log on here from my desktop either for some reason It says it doens't know my name.
Thanks for replying.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:08:52 pm by Mandrache »

Offline Mandrache

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 04:05:30 pm »
The crash happens just as the continents are about to load. It loads the earth then crashes.