Technical support > Linux

SF-username

(1/1)

madrsihands:
So I live in a third world country with DSL and can't download the master branch through git without my connection terminating at some point.  Seeing the rsync option here http://ufoai.org/wiki/Git#rsync_way, I tried that, but I am a bit confused how to close the deal.  I assume the instructions were intended to be written as

--- Quote ---After the fetching you need to do some more things:
1. rename code.git to .git
2. edit .git/config and set bare to false
3. go into ufoai and checkout your working copy
--- End quote ---

I then assumed these commands were to follow while I was in the ufoai directory that received the code.git.

--- Code: ---git remote set-url --push origin ssh://<SF-username>@git.code.sf.net/p/ufoai/code
git remote set-url origin git://git.code.sf.net/p/ufoai/code
--- End code ---

However my bash terminal is confused by SF-username.  Am I supposed to replace SF-username with something then execute these commands?

TBeholder:

--- Quote from: madrsihands on November 05, 2014, 03:36:53 am ---
--- Code: ---git remote set-url --push origin ssh://<SF-username>@git.code.sf.net/p/ufoai/code
git remote set-url origin git://git.code.sf.net/p/ufoai/code
--- End code ---

However my bash terminal is confused by SF-username.  Am I supposed to replace SF-username with something then execute these commands?

--- End quote ---
Try to put the whole argument in quotes (double or single, there may be difference). Use codes (%20 for space). Check whether SF really uses what it displays - e.g. in URLs of your user pages.

DarkRain:
Hi

Yes you are supposed to replace <SF-username> with your user name for sourceforge.net (where our reopsitory is hosted), however note that this command is only needed if you plan to get push access to our repo (we always welcome new contributors :) )

Doing
--- Code: ---git remote set-url origin git://git.code.sf.net/p/ufoai/code
--- End code ---
should allow you to fetch changes if that's all you want

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version