project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: several suggestions  (Read 3075 times)

Virtul

several suggestions
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:25:21 pm »
i'm suggesting to return to good old ufo series explosions when you see which tiles are under impact of explosion, this is imho necessary for such tactics game
and explosion range seems too small now... i may be wrong, but hitting a wall with rocket doesn't even hurts nearby alien what makes rockets useless =(

maybe create more forum categories? like ideas/suggestions, original ufo discussion, etc.

weekly builds =)

more standartisied recruit stats (0 in accuracy is kinda wierd)

imho close combat skill is usless... same for close combat weapons

random scripted events (like in Imperium Galactica but scripted =) ) so people could create events with their own scenarios and even new game plot
this will add more diversity to the game and more fun! =)
(every event including simple ufo spotted, terror/base missions could be done using such scripted event system)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
several suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 08:09:25 am »
random scripted events (like in Imperium Galactica but scripted =) ) so people could create events with their own scenarios and even new game plot
this will add more diversity to the game and more fun! =)
(every event including simple ufo spotted, terror/base missions could be done using such scripted event system)

that's the way we already define missions have a look at the ufo files in base/ufos

Cottard

several suggestions
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 06:44:12 pm »
Hail to all!

As for the close combat skill... I think that it is not useless provided we will have some kind of a 'sword' (and not only a 'sword';])as a close combat wepon^^ I would be very happy if I could cut aliens in a medieval style xD If you think it's stupid let me ask you if you've ever heard/seen of WH40K or WH40K: Dawn of War?:>
There are things like energoswords and the like. IMHO it would be nice to have close combat option:)

Offline XCOMTurcocalypse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
several suggestions
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 08:52:56 pm »
Kill the Mutant,Burn the Heretic,Purge the Unclean!

Chainsword anyone?

YEAH!

The bad thing is,humans don't have the super-hyper armor sufficient to allow to close-in hand to hand combat.And the chance to catch an Alien up-close is almost zero mostly.