Technical support > Linux

compiling problems

<< < (2/3) > >>

kurja:
the 'could not finds' at configure seem to be part of libsdl1.2-dev; but I do have that. Very confusing.

DarkRain:
./configure is looking for both SDL1 and SDL2 and will use whichever it can find (but will still print the 'could not find' messages if it can't find one of them even if it finds the other...)

As for the error, is there a libiberty-dev package for your distro?

anonymissimus:
You could pass --disable-testall to ./configure (not sure whether it's exactly correct, look in ./configure --help). Then it should not try to build testall, which is presumably the unit tests, which are only of use for developers. Several of the other targets are probably also not needed by a player, same for the dependencies they need.

kurja:
libiberty-dev is available, but doesn't contain those .h files and installing it does not seem to change anything in what configure returns.

./configure --disable-testall returns the same could not founds, as with testall included.

:o

kurja:
having given it a second thought, having ran configure with disable testall I ran make again, this time it did create an executable and I can now launch the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version