project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No ufos in April.  (Read 1773 times)

Offline madblunted

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
No ufos in April.
« on: April 13, 2014, 04:10:55 am »
Just started playing ufo again, downloaded the 2.5 release for windows.  Having never used the flash grenades in 2.4, I am getting my ass kicked with the new reactionary fire fixes.. That's a good thing.
However...
I have restarted new campaigns about 6 times thinking maybe I did something wrong..
What is happening is this (standard difficulty) I start off, all going well, I get about 6-8 ufos shot down and land battled in the first week. At this point it's April... And nothing. NOTHING till mid May... And at that point they are showing up with sheevers, plasma cannons, and what not. Meanwhile my guys are all on march tech, plasma pistols and assault rifles. So needless to say I get destroyed.

Doing this on my phone, no ability to upload a save file.

One thing that seems to be consistent is at the end of march I have always tossed up a few Sam sites or started a second base. No idea if that's a reason... Perhaps the scouts get grounded because I have "air superiority" cause of the Sam sites? And it waits till may to hit me with fighters? No friggin clue.
All I know is it sucks. Doing this every game. Sitting around on 12hr speed watching April go by with no attacks. Then may, mid may, fighters & harvesters, and I get an ass kicking.

Anyhow... Anyone noticed this?
Cheers.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: No ufos in April.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:02:20 am »
1. in 2.5 ufos come in waves. 1-2 weeks without ufos is normal. But 6 weeks ?? idk
2. speed at 12hrs is a bad idea. You get less events due to a known design bug. Let ufo run overnight at 5min speed to see the difference.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: No ufos in April.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »
1. in 2.5 ufos come in waves. 1-2 weeks without ufos is normal. But 6 weeks ?? idk
2. speed at 12hrs is a bad idea. You get less events due to a known design bug. Let ufo run overnight at 5min speed to see the difference.

I usually run the game on 1 hrs speed. I consider that the "normal" speed, 12hrs is a littlebit too fast and yes it can change some events' probability... :(

-geever