project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Savegames lost when installing/uninstalling different versions  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Ryoga-

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Savegames lost when installing/uninstalling different versions
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »
Hi, I'm playing in windows 7, my games are saved in the folder: appdata/roaming/ufoai/(version number)

I have been playing a campaign in 2.4 but I also happened to have some 2.3 old savegames of an unfinished game. Yersterday, I was courious about 2.5 and 2.6 development and downloaded them, I also installed an old 2.2 version I had stored in dvd format (I was actually looking for 2.3 to finish that old campaign). Today, I uninstalled the 2.2, 2.5 and 2.6 versions (when asked to delete savegames and configuration I clicked "yes") and when I run UfoAI 2.4 I see I lost all my data and configuration.

Is there any way of recovering them?

I thought that when uninstalling, deleting savegames would be limited to the folders 

appdata/roaming/ufoai/2.5
appdata/roaming/ufoai/2.6-dev

But it seems it had erased the whole appdata/roaming/ufoai/ folder.

Thanks!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Savegames lost when installing/uninstalling different versions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:28:34 pm »
Is there any way of recovering them?

Unless you can find them in your Recycle Bin, I'm afraid, no.

Sorry about it. Installing several versions at the same time is not "supported" - well at least not tested. Created Feature Request #5265 about the issue.

-geever

Offline Ryoga-

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:07:54 pm »
Now it's tested, at least in windows 7, and its conflictive (wonder what would have happened if I didn't erase saved games when promted, all this began because I found the old 2.3 savegames on that directory, so multiple version savegames where there indeed). I unsuccessfully tried with some file recovery softwares. I'll start again, I love this game so it will be no problem. Thanks!

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 02:45:40 pm »
You can,

You just need some good undelete program (deleted files recovery program).

When I come home I can give oyu some suggestions as I use few of them, one of them is called undelete :)